cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO 4.0 custom access level creation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently testing BO 4.0 and trying to create the access levels that we use for our BO 3.1 production and development environments.  Per suggestions on the BO board forums I am trying to create the BO 4 access levels from scratch instead of importing them from prod or dev.

The issue I am having is that whenever I try to customize the access level, including the default levels (Full Control, View on Demand, etc) and then connect a user and/or group to that access level, for some reason the BI Launch Pad does not recognize the customizations.  I have no issues at all when I use the default access levels as they are with no custom permissions.

For example, I created a new access level named Full Control Test with permissions that mimicked the default Full Control access level exactly.  But when I use the Full Control Test access level attached to my BO ID, I am missing many of the functions that the default Full Control level allows me.  I am a bit stumped as creating access levels on BO 3.1 is an easy task, so I am not certain as to what has changed exactly on BO 4.0?

Has anyone experienced this issue?  Any ideas or suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to my previous question, can someone let me know what permission(s) control the 'Applications' button in the top right hand corner of the BI Launch Pad?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Disregard my thread.  I found the Applications tab in the CMC and configured my permissions and it looks like it worked!

Answers (0)