cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transporting reciepient keys for registered namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear gurus 🙂

I am currently working in a registerd namespace (eg. /EXAMPLE/* for development work.

Now for some SOLMAN upgrades and in BW systems, the activation of objects is requesting that the namespace is registered also in the target transport systems. Until now we did not transport the namespace.

So... in SE03 I want to record the recipient profile with repair key into a transport request but cannot find any Transport option there. It is a vew so I could transport it from SM30 with keys but only need the repair key for the modification assistant and not namespace sender key itself.

Transporting table contents seems unwise as there are a few tables in the area which know about the keys.

Does anyone know what the correct procedure is to record a recipient key of a namespace onto a WB transport request?

I am a bit lost on the UI side at the moment 🙂

Cheers,

Julius

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Julius,

Any reason not to transport the namespace?...

My first reaction is that repair keys are for specific namespaces.. so I would have thought that adding the key to a transport would not have been helpful if the namespace is not registered on the target system.

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Sorry, I did not express myself very clearly.

rephrased: I do also want to transport the namespace, as a type "recipient" system with the "repair key" only (it is needed for type "recipient").

My problem is that I cannot find a clean way to get the blasted thing into a transport request in the development system (system in which the sender key is also installed).

Cheers and thanks for the help,

Julius

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried going to SE03 -> Display/Change Namespace -> Select your namespace -> Edit -> Transport -> Include in request

Regards, Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exactly. Except the hurdle that it is greyed out for thr view. SE03 does not let me record it, and even if it did... I only want to send a recipient key in the transport, but my system here is the sender with both keys... 

This is what is confusing me about how to do this.. 😞

Cheers,

Julius

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I understand your problem now... let me do some testing here

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you change your namespace from type P to type C (recipient) on source... does it give you the option to transport the changes?...

Check "Namespace role" under.

Note 150451 - Setting up development namespaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Hurray, hurray it worked.

Changing the role type to "C" gives message no. TO146 -> Cancel role change: Objects exist in namespace /EXAMPLE/. Of course there are... because we develop in the namespace...

On closer inspection I noticed that it is just a warning, so hit enter and it removed the sender key from the view, changed the role and prompted for a new transport request.

Afterwards I could change it back to "sender" with the development license key again for the namespace and it works fine.

Trick is just to be fast for the little change and hit Enter a few times...  🙂

Thanks Juan!

Julius

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad it did the trick!....

Former Member
0 Kudos

BTW: I noticed that the view V_TRNSPACE does not have a delivery class in it's DDIC attributes. I suspect that for this reason the transport options in the menus are greyed out. Could be a bug.

Cheers,

Julius

Answers (0)