cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hiding Cost in billing Overview Screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

The cost of the product is displayed in the billing overview screen please advise how can i hide this cost from being displayed to the users.

Regards

Mohammed Raees

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done this by following procedure. Its very simple and only authorized user can do this. Please check.

Make this invisible from here and generate and save this. Cost price will be hidden in overview screen. Check and update in case of any confusion.

Thanks

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Thank you for your post!

Please comment on the below points:

1. This setting is for a particular user or (can be setup) for a group of users or for all users; for a particular billing type or...?

2. In your post, if you could give a (last) screenshot of a billing document, Tab Conditions it would make the "result" seen, thus making the post clearer / complete.

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Please check below screen of end result of above process.

Moreover I have doe this in my system with my user. Now only my user can display cost price in overview screen and also only my user can change or delete this table variant. I have checked from other users after activating this variant and no user was able to change the variant or display the cost price. I am sure there must be an authorization object for changing/creating this variant. I will test and find the authorization object too. I would like to request you too to check this in your Ides.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raeesuddin sir

plz explain one thing here if we disabled cost price in billing document how end users will receive money from the customer or we can make settings in vf02

pl explain sir i am witting for your kind replay 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venu Gopal Reddy

Cost price is not use to receive the money, the selling price is used.

Thanking you!

Ashish Mishra

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moazzam,

Please clarify whether by following the above process (i.e. hiding cost in overview screen, in billing document); in the billing document, at item level, Tab Conditions are the cost details hidden too?

Side comment: I shall definitely test your above suggestions / instructions in IDES. It might be a good learning.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Venu, Ashish,

Let us understand from the OP and other members whether the requirement is to only hide cost details from the overview screen of the billing document OR is it to hide cost details from "ever place" in the billing document. (e.g Billing document, line item level, Tab Conditions; cost details)

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No sir this will only hide cost price in overview screen. For hiding it in condition tab screen you have to follow the instructions in sap note 105621. I have also created a document with screen shots that how to hide any condition in condition tab with authorization object. I will share that document soon on SDN. Thanks for your interest in this post. I know I will find something new from your knowledge. Its great learning by following your posts.

Thanks

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

I think his requirement is to hide cost price from billing document overview screen. I had this requirement too from my client and I hide cost price from billing document overview screen, condition tab screen and also from MB51 user specific. Its tricky but interesting requirement.

Thanks

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is really a very good tips and thanks for sharing your experience Mozzam Ali.  Meanwhile, I have also tried to do the same process but it has been observed that after clicking the "Administrator" button, the field Available sys.variant is in grey mode with unchecked.  Can you please share how in your screen shot it is checked. 

G. Lakshmipathi

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sir

Thanks for your concern. I have checked in my system and it is in grey with checked on it. I dont know how it is checked but it is. I am testing this and will update if I get something new.

Further there is an authorization object S_ADMI_FCD with System administration function TCTR. You can control this Administration button with this object user specific.

ivano_raimondi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

the SAP note 1165078 explains how to hide conditions in condition screen.

Best regards,

Ivano.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Moazzam and all for your valuable suggestions

For your information I have used a transaction variant where i have hidden the cost from the overview screen

Thank you all again for your help

With Regards

Mohammed Raees

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can also control through Authorization

Object- V_KONH_VKS

Actvity- Blank

Condition type-VPRS

siva

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raeesuddin,

how can i hide this cost from being displayed to the users.

I would suggest you to put a requirement for condition type VPRS in your pricing procedure(s). This requirement would not allow the cost / VPRS condtion type to be populated the certain documents (i.e. billing documents).

Similar to the concept of Rebate condition types; not populating in the sales order by populating in the billing documents (FYR: requirements 24, 25).

siva_vasireddy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can Hide it by Removing the Print ''X'' in the Pricing procedure for the condition type VPRS.

Sivavasireddy

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Siva,

Could you please explain your post in more detail?

Are you suggesting - how to hide the details of a condition type in a print out of a (billing) document?