cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0FI_AA_12 simulation depreciation with value zero is not extracted to bw

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all:

I'm using standard extractor, 0FI_AA_12,  to upload BI perido depreciation, the process upload right but I cant' be able to upload simulation depreciation with value zero, and I need it because before for these periods the had value and I needp update the DSO target with the new values (0 value).

I tried applied 857983 OSS note but it's not implementable.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Abel

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

The 0FI_AA_12 extractor will never load a record that does not contain any value. So in periods where the asset is fully depreciated, it is the expected behavior that you do not get a record for that period.

Concerning the simulation of records, note that a new simulation is only triggered whenever the asset is changed in a way that affects depreciation values. So as long as an asset is not changed, it will not load any new records with the XSIM flag during extraction.

The BWFIAASIM indicator in control table BWOM_SETTINGS for the InfoSource determines the required depreciation method.

What is the setting on your OLTP system?

A value of <blank> i.e. <empty/white space> means a simplified depreciation simulation procedure.

For this option there is some restrictions as listed in SAP Note 870002. In some cases the depreciation may not behave as expected. So please refer to the details in the note, and review your business scenario.

BTW if you are interested only in the posted records, then you should completely disable the simulation by setting BWFIAASIM = 2 (see SAP Note 614804 for details).

Finally you may be missing some relevant notes. What are your SAP_APPL & PI versions & support packages levels on the source OLTP system?

Hope this helps,

Colum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you answers Colum.

I had open a SAP message in orden to solve this issue, because, we need mandatory upload to BI system, throught 0FI_AA_12 extractor, the zero value records. I found the function module where the system loses those records that I need.

This one: BWFIAA_FILL_ANLP_TO_DEPR.

If I comment this line (line nº 57), the system gives me those records, that I need

i_xsim = con_x. 

*    CONTINUE

endif

But, I don`t know the impact of comment this code line.

Thanks,

Abel

former_member21257
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Abel,

I don't know the impact of that code change either. Best to ask the FI-AA developer in the SAP message to be on the safe side.

Rgds,

Colum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colum,

I'll keep you update when SAP FI-AA developer answer me.

Thanks again,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same issue.  Did the SAP developer ever get back to you about the code change or another solution?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member187192
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing the same issue, did anybody got the solution.

Regards,

Mayank