Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading large files

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

hope someone can help me. I am trying to upload a large file to AS Java CE 7.3 using Web Dynpro Java. While I can upload a file of ~85 MB, it won't work with a file that is larger than 100 MB. Firebug shows me that the connection is immediately aborted after triggering the upload button.

I am now not sure where the error is exactly occuring, maybe in the file upload UI of WDJ, inside WDJ or by a configuration of AS Java. As I do not found anything in WDJ, nor the logs or documentation about a size limit or error message, maybe AS Java is causing this.

In older AS Java releases I had the option to configure the max request header size. This option is gone in NWA 7.3. Anyone knows if there is still a file upload size limit in 7.3 and if so, what is the size limit and how to configure it?

Thanks,

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

In that case, change the configuration of parameter in the Web Dynpro administrator -> "Web Dynpro runtime" setting, adjust the following parameters to your needs (the value in KBytes):

• sap.maxUpload.file   
  • sap.maxUpload.session

Thanks and Regards,

Vipin

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the reply. These parameters are set to 0 (== unlimited)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to rule out that it is WDJ related, I wrote a Portal application. Same result: any file larger than 100 MB is blocked (aborted)

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think I found the parameter that is causing this:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/48/3e87b3ca6b72d0e10000000a42189c/content.htm

-> The default setting for the size of HTTP requests is a maximum of 100 megabytes.

Answers (0)