Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC-SE

VinodVaddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi

I was asked by my team to install ECC-SE component in our ECC6.0 EhP5 system.

I'm generating stack.xml through maintenance optimizer and I could see two options here.

1) Maintenance-> Installable add-ons->SAP ERP ES 2005.2 SAP ERP enterprise services bundle 2005.2

2) EhP installation->Default group->ESA ECC-SE SAP ERP enterprise services package 2005

Can somebody tell me what is the difference between these two. One is an add-on and the other one is an EhP Technical usage.

So which one should I go for?

Thanks & Regards

Vin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Dear Vin,

When you go through the Maintenance Optimizer procedure, please make sure that you select ESA ECC-SE 605 as a technical usage.

According to attached note 1457034 you can apply the ADDON with SAINT following the instructions in the note:

1457034 - ECC-SE 605:Install on SAP ERP 6.0 or ERP 6.0 EHP5 with SAINT

Can you please try to follow steps in this note to apply ADDON?

Please go to Maintenance Optimizer , create a new transaction for your system, select 'Enhancement Package installation' and in the 'select target' step, you will see the technical usage selection screen. You will see some grayed out entries (these are the technical usages already in your system) and in the group 'Default Group' you will find a checkbox for ESA ECC-SE. Please check this box and continue.

For using EHPI you can also refer the following SAP Note:

1314651 - ECC-SE 605 Add-On Installation / Delta EHP update

Kind Regards,

Abhishek

VinodVaddi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek

Thanks for the reply.

I've gone through the note 1457034 and it explains the installation of add-on.

My doubt is that,

MOPZ is giving tw options. 1) add-on installation 2)EHP technical usage installation

Which one should I go for and why?

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

As i already told you "When you go through the Maintenance Optimizer procedure, please make sure that you select ESA ECC-SE 605 as a technical usage"

Thanks & Regards,

Abhishek

Answers (0)