Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to remove data generated by test script?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I just started work with eCATTs and my colegue told me, that after the test is at the and, I should remove all data generated by test script. Is it possible? Does anyone know, how can i do it? If there is some pattern or I can find some settings with it?

Thank you very much

Regards.

Michal Uhlir

michal.uhlir@sap.com

2 REPLIES 2

Wutschi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

you will create Data and Documents in the system that should be tested and there is no functionality to remove that data.

If you test manual you will not remove your test data as well.

Regards

Christian

pkar036
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Michal,

There is a work around for this approach in future if you do not want the data to be persistent.

But this works only if you are executing the eCatt from the solution Builder. Transaction : /SMB/BBI

Once the eCatt is ready for testing, you can add it to a building block within the solution ( a new one you could create )

Then you have to activate teh solution which would inturn execute all teh ecatts added to the building block one by one.

Now, if you dont want the data to be persistent, only test the functionality of eCatts, then before activation, in the transaction entry space, type the below phrase

=TEST

With this the test mode will be activated and you can run which ever ecatt you want in test mode. this way you need not worry about deleting the data after execution.

Hope this helps. Let m eknow if you need more information.

Regards,

Karthi

karthik.p@sap.com