cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Partner name formatting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts

I am really pulling my hair out over this one.

For some employees we maintain name prefixes in HR (IT0002 fields VORSW and VORS2) as well as a name format in field KNZNM. This is sent to the E-recruitment system with the HRMDA idoc. And the name formats are of cause maintained in SA13 in both systems.

When the relevant objects have been created in EREC I can go to PP01 and look up the new CP. Here I can verify that the name format is being used and name prefixes are also being displayed.

Let's say this particular object is an employee who has created a job publication and the employee's name gets printed in the bottom as the contact person. Here the name prefixes are missing. I suspect it is because the formatted name which is shown as the contact person is tied to the business partner and the BP object does not have the name prefixes stored anywhere. Only the name format code is to be found in table BUT000.

I realize that certain BP roles allow access to some name affix fields (PREFIX_TX1 and PREFIX_TX2) in BUT000, but this is not related to the ones from IT0002 in HR.

The bottom line is that I cannot display the employee's name correctly in the job publications, because the application apperantly cannot find the name prefixes.

Any thoughts on this would be highly appreciated.

Kind regards

Aage Kold Jensen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aage,

Do system table parameters:

• RECFA BPCOU
  • RFCFA BPNAM

help for your requirement?

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole and thank you for replying

Those two fields I have cleared and created country specific formats through transaction SA13.

I have also checked that a default format is maintained for each country in table T005.

I think that the name format is interpreted correctly, but the problem is that in the SmartForm for the job publication the name data is taken from the BP object, which does not contain the name prefixes.

This is also the case if I maintain a support group with that person.

I am also wondering when looking at the CP in transaction PP01, where are the prefixes fetched from? The NA object? They are not available on the US object.

Regards

Aage

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aage,

In the smartforms we usually take the fullname generated from the BP, yes.

If the fullname is generated it should take over the settings from SA13. The only limitation is that these customizations are applicable only when the fullname of the BP is not provided during the creation of the BP. If the full name was manually entered during the creation, then the same fullname will be returned to you.

Usually we take always the fullname from the BP object.

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole

I can see in table BUT000 that the field "Fullname" (NAME1_TEXT) is never filled. I assume this is what you mean.

Is that field supposed to be filled during BP creation? When IDOCs are processed or by report HRALXSYNC?

Regards

Aage

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aage,

No, it isn't stored there but you can see it eg. if you test the method CL_HRRCF_CANDIATE => GET() for your candidate object.

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nicole

I tested the method.

In HR for IT0002 the name prefixes can be selected from table T535N. I took the two prefixes I am using on my test object and added them to table TSAD4 in EREC, which is the table used to validate them on the BP.

Now the prefixes are visible on the BP in transaction BP0 and in table ADRP.

However, CL_HRRCF_CANDIDATE => GET() will still not display the prefixes.

Kind regards

Aage

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Aage,

Could you please check if you have note 1723140 in your system because that changes the using of the candidate name?

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again

That note is not implemented.

I have created a new requisition and job publication with the same user and now it actually works

I thought that the name was generated in the existing publication every time it was opened.

The prefixes are displayed in the name in the job publication once I added them to the TSAD4 table. This means that in order for the BP name to be generated correctly when using prefixes all the possible entries from HR table T535N must be copied into TSAD4.

Thank you for all your help.

Kind regards

Aage

NicoleGeischnek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

No problem and thanks for the further hints!

0 Kudos

Hello Aage Kold Jensen.

Isn't there a way to have this replication from table T535N to TSAD4 done automatically?

Answers (0)