Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to activate table change logging for only one standard table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

We need to activate log for only one standard table (in SAP IS-U --> Table TFKCMCAP).

I know that if I want to active table change logging, I need to active parameter REC/CLIENT but we don't want to active change logging for all customizing table.

Do you have an idea, solution to do that ?

Thanks,

Mathieu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

We faced similar situation a time ago, but in our case it was custom table, and unfortunately it was not possible to activate logging without change system parameter... Alternatively you could use change document logs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Edgar

3 REPLIES 3

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mathieu,

We faced similar situation a time ago, but in our case it was custom table, and unfortunately it was not possible to activate logging without change system parameter... Alternatively you could use change document logs:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70ehp2/helpdata/en/2a/fa015b493111d182b70000e829fbfe/frameset.htm

Regards,

Edgar

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK it is not possible via rec/client, you should change via SE13 the settings of every standard table that SAP supplied with the logging.

Nevertheless, start with OSS Note 608835 - Performance problems due to table logging? and other notes (easily found in http://service.sap.com/notes with keywords like "change logs", "DBTABLOG" or "SCU3" like the related notes of the Note 608835. or good old Note 1916 - Logging table changes in R/3)

Regards,

Raymond

jeroen_verbrugge2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

What kind of table is TFKCMCAP?

Is it a customizing table and does it have option log changes flagged by standard?

I don't have access to this table in our system.

As stated in a few notes: In general, all Customizing tables with activated logging are delivered in the R/3 standard system, on the other hand tables for master and movement data are delivered without logging indicators (for details refer to Note 608835).

Don't be afraid to activate table logging in your systems!

In the development system, you will have a good history of the customizing being changed.

In production you would normally not have customizing tables changed, the impact of having more data in your system (table dbtablog) is less than having no view on what's happening on your system.

If you want to have changelogs of when entries are transported into other systems, you should activate also TMS changelogs in TMS by using parameter recclient in the system properties.

Othewise the changes are only visible in the source system (mostly dev).

This is a good explanation of change logging in SAP: SAP_Changelogs_Overview

Kind Regards,

Jeroen.