cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport BEx Queries from Quality to Production

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

In a BW assesment session held recently in our organization, we were presented by SAP with the option of creating BEx reports direclty in Quality system in order to increase the efficiency of our team. It was suggested to create BEx queries in Quality  system (where data for evaluating the correctness of the report exist while in development system there are no data) and use Bex Transport functionality in order to transport these reports to Production. 

I was wondering if this is a common practise in other organizations, has anyone used this approach?

Since we have to check if this approach is in compliance with the Auditing regulations in our organization (e.g. SOX) is there any official documentation form SAP describing this practice?

Thank you,

Nikos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yeah, it is correct up to some extent. Adhoc Queries can be created directly in Qua or Prod systems.

But it is not a best practice. I understand the Dev systems does not contains much data to check the accuracy. But as a developer you should do some Unit testing as well as data accuracy checks with whatever data is available.

In order to move from Qua to prod, your transport path needs to be configured. Generally our landscapes may vary between different organizations. We follow D-->Q and D-->P. But your case requires a connection between Q-->P. Check your landscape. SCC4 t-code.

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not standard practice , to create query in Quality.  Development server has less data everywhere , even you can not test query on quality also because of data  ( production data increases by year, we can not maintain same data on qulity ).

If you have landscape Dev- > QA  ->  Prod  .I will suggest you , create query in Dev , you can ask functional team to post some data for testing purpose.  Final testing is always on Production. Any organization can not afford quality server as big as production .  In my case dev server has more relevant testing data than quality , user never post data on both the servers.

Regards,

Anand Mehrotra.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this is a year old post but i am facing the same issue today where business users do not want it involved in there query development , i am also committed to sox compliancy.

Currenctly the business user is actually doing there queries in QA but once they are ok they go in the DEV make makes the final changes which creates a transport . My concern is that i do not like the business in DEV they are making too many transports .

So After looking around i notice that some business are actually creating the query in QA and then Transporting to Prod , issuing a re-alignment in DEV after words.

Nikos is your solution that you decribe was ok with SOX . ????

Does anyone have another suggestions, There seem to be no commun concensus on what to do in this case.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You all for your feedback,

I am reaching to the conclusion that Creating reports in QA system is not a commonly accepted procedure, although it was proposed by SAP

Thank you,

Nikos