Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPD_cust text transport

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using Ehp6 and Portal 7.3.

Lpd_cust configuration are done for ESS in development with changes saved in one customizing and one workbench request.

After transporting to quality R3 system, custom text changes are not reflecting in backend system with message coming that "Not all text exist in language EN".

Pls refer screen shot.

Also changes in sap given text like description of working time is not reflecting in QA environment.

Request you to suggest.(We are using only English language)

Thanks and Regards,

Sayed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to transport it again. The text should be transported automatically. If this doesn't work, the best thing is to create a ZESS launchpad and make your changes to this launchpad.

BR,

Balajii

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sayed,

Please move all content from development to Quality.

LPD_CUST

click on ESS (Employee Self Service) change button.

It will open screen in the menu bar -Launch Pad is there-click on Transport-You have to give new transport request.

Thanks

Sivavardhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

Thnx for reply, creating a custom launchpad is last option but there is no gurantee that this issue will not come for custom launchpad as technically standard and custom launch pad are same type of object.

@Sivavardhan:

While doing changes, we used the same process to include changes in transport request.

Now we are thinking of transporting one more time to QA R3.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Weretransported the changes to QA but still custom text is not transported.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sayed,

Custom launchpad is not the last option but should be first option as that is the best and standard way of using the launchpad if you are not using the standard launchpad as is. If you would notice, when you make changes to the standard launchpad, a custom version and a SAP version is maintained. The text created will be created for the standard version and hence will not be seen or created with the custom version of the standard launchpad. I and many others have been through this road before.

Please see the step-by-step guide provided by Virag.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-30218

Regards

Navneet Saraogi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Navneet,

I have gone through the links and we are able to create custom launchpad and link it with application configuration.

But after transport to QA, again text like link name and description of application is not coming in portal.

In QA R3, when we checked transported entry it shows message "Not All Text exist in language EN"

Request your help for the same.

What should be the package name? and how it should be transported.

We are transporting using launchpad>>>Transport.

Thanks and Regards,

Sayed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Did you resolve that problem?

I have four tables which not transported into test system:

APB_LPD_SEARCH, APB_LPD_SH_TEXTS, APB_LPD_TRANSLOG, APB_LPD_UNIQ_ID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex

Can you please tell me how this problem has been solved?? even I'm facing the same Issue.

APB_LPD_SEARCH

APB_LPD_SH_TEXTS

APB_LPD_TRANSLOG

APB_LPD_UNIQ_ID

Awaiting for your valuable reply

Regards

Pradyp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to search a note about this problem.

But I added this table in transport request by hand.

Katja_Ohliger
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Tables APB_LPD_UNIQ_ID and APB_LPD_SEARCH should not be transported.

Tables APB_LPD_SH_TEXTS and APB_LPD_TRANSLOG are included in the workbench request which is created when using 'Launchpad -> Transport'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This issue is common when you are directly modifying the SAP provided configuration. The best way is to create a copy of the standard and while creating the transport request, enter a customer namespace say ZXSS.

Regards
Navneet Saraogi