cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues while installing SAPUI5 on HANA Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are facing below mentioned  issue while installing SAPUI5 on HANA studio(SP5 version 45):

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.
  Software being installed: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.8.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.8.4)
  Missing requirement: SAPUI5 Metamodel 1.8.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.ctrl.metamodel 1.8.4) requires 'bundle org.eclipse.wst.xml.core [1.0.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found
  Cannot satisfy dependency:
    From: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.8.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.8.4)
    To: com.sap.ide.ui5.ctrl.metamodel [1.8.4]

Could you please suggest on the same.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Saurabh,

Find the installation guide for the SAPUI5 Eclipse Plugin in Note 1747308.

Basically, you need to install a few plugins from the Eclipse update site before trying to install SAPUI5.

In HANA Studio, point your Update Manager (Help -> Install Software) to the existing update site "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno" and find and install the following plugins (you need to uncheck "Show only latest versions for available software", as you need to pick the 3.4.0 versions (as of now, the latest is 3.4.1 for some components and won't install. Also uncheck "Group item by category", I could not find one of the plugins until I unchecked that setting):

• Eclipse Faceted Project Framework
  • Eclipse Faceted Project Famework JDT Enablement
  • Eclipse Java EE Developer Tools
  • Eclipse Java Web Developer Tools
  • WST Common Core

After that, the SAPUI5 plugin should install just fine

--juergen

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can't find the WST Common Core, so that I can't install the UI5 plugin...can you help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr. Schmerder,

I'm facing a similar error while trying to install the SAPUI5 development tools. The error message is the following:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.8.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.8.4)

Missing requirement: SAPUI5 Application Development 1.8.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.external.feature.group 1.8.4) requires 'org.eclipse.wst.common_core.feature.feature.group [3.1.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Would be kind to give me some advice on how to proceed. Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

see above: uncheck "Show only latest versions for available software", as you need to pick the 3.4.0 versions (as of now, the latest is 3.4.1 for some components and won't install. Also uncheck "Group item by category"

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes exactly~~thanks for your help~~

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Raphael,

i had the same error that you did. i was using a sap hana studio that had been updated using SUM though so it was at rev 52. tests on later revs produced the same error.

the way i got the install to work was to:

1. first uninstall the current sap hana studio.
  2. install the readily available rev 48 of sap hana studio...do not update studio at this point
  3. follow Juergen's steps to install the pre-reqs (i did this by running sap hana studio as administrator)
  4. now you should be able to install sapui5 from sap hana studio

i hope this works for you as well,

jamie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I followed Juergen's instructions and thought they didn't work when I received a message about a conflict between the Eclipse Framework and the existing installation.  However, I went back to the beginning and tried again to install SAPUI5 and it worked just fine - I guess the conflict was ignored and the other components loaded. 

Thanks Juergen!

ML

jeff-woehler
Explorer
0 Kudos

That was it - thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I am gonna use SAPUI5 dev tools with SAP HANA Studio Version: 1.0.60.  I have installed plugins from the Eclipse update site that you have mentioned above.  Can you pls tell me how should I go about SAPUI toolkit installation into my HANA studio in Windows 8?

Thanks

Avijit

0 Kudos

Awesomely!

It worked on HANA Studio too

Thanks Mate     

manivel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen Schmerder ,

I've followed your steps to install sapui5. I have completed the following steps

• WST Common Core

while installing sapui5 using the url SAP Development Tools for Eclipse - Juno Software Repository

I got the following error.

How to resolve this error?

christoph_pohl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi manivel

TThis won't work anymore. Eclipse Juno is 2012. Hana studio is on luna these days. Try the luna update site instead.

best,

christoph

manivel
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I've tried but no success, same error. I think I have to  reinstall the HANA studio outside the "Program Files" folder.

Regards,

Manivel S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. It worked without the error

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Juergen,

I tried to install the eclipse plugins before installing the SAPUI5 on my SAP HANA Studio, but the plugins which you have mentioned to be installed are not coming in

"Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno"  link.

You mentioned that first we need to install the following plugins:

• WST Common Core

But I am not able to find the these plugins in "Juno - http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno"  link. I also have unchecked the check box "Show only latest versions for available software".

Please have a look at the screen shot:

Can you tell, where can I find the plugins.

Thanks & Regards,

Shivam Bedwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As mentioned un check the "Group items by category"

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are also facing issues installing SAPUI5 on SAP Business One on HANA (rev. 53)

I downloaded the SAPUI5 from the SAP Marketplace, searching for "SAPUI5 TOOLS IDE PLUGIN 1.00" Then we downloaded "UI5TOOL05P_3-10011992.ZIP" which is the most recent at the moment of writing.

We installed all dependencies as illustrated in this thread but still getting the error:

Missing requirement: Language files for SAPUI5 Application Development 1.14.4 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.lang.feature.group 1.14.4) requires 'org.eclipse.jst.web_ui.feature.feature.group [3.1.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

Any help is appreciated.

paolo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Paolo,

Pls refer Juergen Schmerder response saurabh.

Regards

Avijit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

if you gonna use SAPUI5 dev tools with SAP HANA Studio ver.1.0.56 you should install the next components/versions:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! This Screenshot helped me out picking the right versions.

0 Kudos

Works for me too.

Regards, Christiano.

former_member272282
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have also the revision 56 installed, but i cannot install WST common core 3.4.1. When it starts installing, it stops and throws the message as follows:

If i choose another version of the component, then i don't even come to the installation process since some validation mistakes occur. 

Has someone experienced the same?

Please guide me if you have a solution.

Thank you,

Roman,

0 Kudos

Hi Roman,

This may be either a temporary network problem or repository server down ( http://download.eclipse.org/releases/juno ).

Did you try to uncheck this option : Contact all update sites during install to find required software.

BR,

Christiano.

former_member272282
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Christiano,

Yes, it seems there were some repository problems, now it gets installed fine.

Thanks for your reply,

Roman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anton,

Can you tell me how did you get to install the Hana plugins?

Can you provide me any link for it?

Thanks

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could able to install and configure the same.

Thanks

Avi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have problem with Language pakage when install SAPUI5.

OS - Windows 7 64bit Russian

Detail log:

Missing requirement: Language files for SAPUI5 Application Development 1.12.1 (com.sap.ide.ui5.app.feature.lang.feature.group 1.12.1) requires 'org.eclipse.jst.common.fproj.enablement.jdt.feature.group [3.1.0,4.0.0)' but it could not be found

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.7.0_21

java.vendor=Oracle Corporation

BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=ru_RU

Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

Former Member
0 Kudos

me too

christoph_pohl
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi all,

a similar topic but slightly different problem some of you might run into I described in Note 1828400: https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1828400

Depending on where you install SAP HANA Studio and how you install additional features like SAPUI5 tools (or any other additional features on top of Studio), chances are that the latter won't work after updating SAP HANA Studio. Workarounds are given in the Note above.

HTH,

Christoph