cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dataloading of existing 2LIS_13_VDITM flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

2LIS_13_VDITM flow is existing flow and already in regular data loading process for one Specific Sales Organization .

But now in my case that flow is require for another Sale Organization .

My flow is like 2LIS_13_VDITM ->Infocube(Z<>).

Existing Flow Like 2LIS_13_VDITM->Infocube(Z<>)

Difficulties in my Case:

->The existing flow do not want to delete and reload the data again.

>The init is only for only one Specific Sales Organization and delta load is on  daily basis for this Sales Org.

Please suggest so that the existing data load process donot affect by my dataload process.

Regards,

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

Let us assume that the existing load for the sales org SO1 is loaded to cube A (I understand you load from extractor to cube and there is no staging DSO in between). Now do you want to load the new sales org SO2 data to cube A or to a new cube B? I assume you would load to same cube A.

If to cube A, then you have to run a full repair for your new salesorg SO2 and then do a init with new sales org SO2 as selection and without disturbing the existing init. This would mean, the deltas from now on will fetch data for both sales org SO1 and SO2.

If you have staging DSO in between or if you have to load to cube B, let me know. Also is the existing load BW 3.5 or 7?

Regards,

Arunan C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arunan,

This new infocube to load data for another Sales Org.There is no staging  DSO for infocube.

The existing and new load all are in BW 3.5 .

Regards,

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rajesh,

This is such a nice scenario. First I will try to work up a solution, then let me think if the design of having new cube is correct.

Let's say you want to load sales org SO2 to cube B and existing flow loads SO1 to cube A. The extractor is common 2LIS_13_VDITM. And it is a delta load.

Write a routine at update rule start routine for cube A to delete data_package where sales_org <> 'SO1'. Similarly in update rule to cube B, delete data_package where sales_org <> 'SO2'. Now fill setup table for SO2 and do a full rapir to cube B alone.

If the init for cube A has already been done with selection as SO1, then I will do one more init w/o data transfer with selection as SO2, without deleting the first init. Now both inits should have both cube A and cube B in selections. Therefore the deltas will bring data for both SO1 and SO2. As you can see there is no impact to cube A. (There is a glitch, if first init didnot include cube B. Let me know if that is your case)

But first question is, should we use a new cube for a new sales org? Definitely no! Why don't you question this new cube approach and see if you can load SO2 as well to existing cube A.

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

While filling setup tables, if possible to load sales org wise then go with that option.

run info pack with sales org selection and full load dtp for this sales org.

remaining follow as you said init and delta.

better keep existing load on hold.

Pls wait some more inputs from experts.

Regards