Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Visual Studio from 32 bit to 64 bits

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First the environment configuration:

#######################

In my dev pc works fine ( always works fine in dev pc ). The configuration about my dev pc is

- Windows Enterprise 7 32 bits;

- SAP Crystal reports version for Visual Studio 2010 ( CRforVS_13_0_4 );

Server configuration is:

- Windows Server 2008 Standard SP2 64 bits;

- SAP Crystal reports runtime engine for .Net Framework 4 (64-bit) ( CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_1 );

- IIS 7.0;

- .Net Framewor 4.0 Integrated;

- Enable 32 Bits AppPool: false;

My app configuration:

- .Net framework 4;

- Crystal DLL's referenced to GAC;

- ASP.Net Devolpment server; 

#######################

I have studied about  SAP Crystal Reports and I'm implementing new reports and changing old reports.

I was facing a problem about log4net.dll when i deployed my app from my dev machine to a server and i went google about this problem to solve it. I found these solutions:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vscrystalreports/thread/546059a6-7179-4027-8f16-822ac6...

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/eu/vscrystalreports/thread/91f71ce2-e591-45a1-8bc2-0d61cd090...

I'm followed all the tips and I solved my first problem that was the reference to log4net.dll. The problem was that I missed to install the correct version SAP runtime according the OS.

But now, I'm facing a new problem ( I don't know if this could be called a problem cause not happened no error ) when I'm running my app on server environment. If I debbug all code pass without error but my report doesn't come visible. Indeed the report is not written when i go look for it in HTML.

Any idea?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Andrew

Since on your development computer you are using SP 4, you want to use the same SP on runtime computer. E.g.; from your description is appears that on the dev computer you have SP 4 (CRforVS_13_0_4), but on the runtime computer you have SP 1 (CRforVS_redist_install_64bit_13_0_1).

The correct runtime would be CRRuntime_64bit_13_0_4 and can be downloaded from here:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

Please note: I am not sure if this is a web app or a win app. If this is a web app, use SP 3.

If the above does not help, you'll have to provide more info on the issue. E.g.; I don't get much from this description:

my report doesn't come visible. Indeed the report is not written when i go look for it in HTML.

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I'm developing a Web App using .Net Framework 4.0.

I installed on my dev machine SAP Crystal reports version for Visual Studio 2010 ( CRforVS 13.0.4.705 ).

I didn't know about SP 4 is to Win App. Do you have a link to download SAP Crystal reports version for Visual Studio 2010?

I tried both version on my server, SP 13.0.3.612 and SP 13.0.4 for 64 bit, but both doesn't work. My App don't have a compilation problem but the report is not showed. If a look for the HTML code, i can see my web control being used but don't have the HTML code inside the web control block.

Look that, the code must be inside the tag DIV:

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uninstalled all SAP aplications from my dev machine em the server, installed only SAP 13_0 on both machines, but still not working.

I'm exporting from SVN to my server machine, but i was "google" about this and i founded this blog and I'm trying this:

http://csharp.net-informations.com/crystal-reports/csharp-crystal-merge-module.htm

Is correct this?

Thank you,

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm still not sure what you mean by "report is not showed". Does the viewer come up but it is empty? The viewer does not show up? E.g.; what do you actually see where you expect the report to show up? Are you running this from a default website or a custom website?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

Yes, the web control (viewer) come up but it is empty. But whem i debbuging, doesn't have a logon problem.

No i expect to see the report, but nothing is showed ( data and header report ).

The App is running from a custom web site. The /source folder is a virtual directory pointing to other folder inside Inetpub like the folder App.

- Andrew Paes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek,

I followed these steps and works fine.

1. Please make sure the CR version installed on the server matches the one you use on your application/website

2. Please make sure that the assemblies of the CR installed on the server are referenced correctly on your web.config

3. Please make sure you set the application pool of your application to operate under LOCAL SERVICE permission

4. Please make sure FULL TRUST mode is enabled on your operating folder

5. Please make sure crystalreportviewer and aspnet_client folders are copied to your operating folder.

Thank you,

Andrew Paes

Answers (0)