cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phrases in Dangerous Goods Managment

0 Kudos

Hi all

Does anyone know if when you assign a phrase set to a particular field whether it can be dependent on the DG regulation or can you not link the phrase set to the regulation ?

I want to use the user defined fields for different phrase sets dependent on the regulations but can't see a way of doing this.

Regards

Alistair Thomson

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Thanks Christoph & Kamal for your help !

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alistair

regarding:

"Hi

Is there any pitfalls in using the text pattern fields on the Text Pattern tab to use for additional phrases rather than phrases which represent text patterns.

We have a number of extra phrases and don't think we will have room to include them on the Printed Texts tabs.

regards

Alistair"

please start a new thread (and please close this thread) and explain what you are thinking about. It is not clear to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you are asssigning the phrase set to field name in CGAB, there is no DG regulation dependent.

Even-though you define different phrase sets, regulation wise....finally you have to map to the same field....which is not possible.

make a clever a way of creating pharases with correct meaning each regulation wise.

for ex- If the phrase representing the regulation, try to add the regulation prefix/ suffix to the phrase.

you don't have any option to create multiple phrase sets. you have to use the single phrase set for field.

Regards

kamal

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alistair

as Kamal explained: there is "less chance" to do something. Normally most companies uses DG filling and therefore there is no need to use DG "only". In EH&S PS there is an very useful user exit available there you can do something regarding "phrase sets" (per value assignment type)

Here (in cg02) I would say: there is a "chance" to "do" something in relation of phrase set based on regulation which is present in one different "characteristic"

I am sorry to day that to my knowlegde you can not use the same functionality (because there is no user exit) in EH&S DG management.

By standard some fields in DG are "phrase" related and some are not.

If I remember correct the "f4help" search dialog is the same as in cg02; therefore you can "search" for phrases only by

- code

- text

- remark

In most cases I would try to use "remark" or "code" to may be help to search the phrase as in DG management in most cases only the phrase text is "critical" (translation etc.)

C.B.

0 Kudos

Hi

Is there any pitfalls in using the text pattern fields on the Text Pattern tab to use for additional phrases rather than phrases which represent text patterns.

We have a number of extra phrases and don't think we will have room to include them on the Printed Texts tabs.

regards

Alistair