Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Services for Object - Attachment list exclusion

john_pietrowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there any way to limit what the user can attach?

I want to limit the user to only use create external documents(URL).  We do not want them attaching pdfs etc as my SOFFCONT1 table is getting HUGE. 

If we limit them to URL docs, then they will only have one attachment and the file should then be smaller in the future. 

Is there an authorization object I can use to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

saradas
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking for a solution to the above issue. Did you find a way to restrict/disable the

• Create->Create Attachment option? Let me know. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John

First of all - I truly don't know. The only difference I have found so far is if the service user option is chosen when used during testing.

An I.T. manager refused access to this due to the file size impact back in 2000.

Cheers

David

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

To disable these types option there are some methods..... I not not sure about the object responsible but you can find it easily. Better would be if you put on trace on a user with a role for this object and then execute this Tcode withith that user..... then you will get the object.....If you want to restrict some users then you will have to create a new custom role with this object with required permissions and you will deactivate this object in the original role.... Than assign this role to the target users.....

Other option is user use a Ztcode using transaction/screen variant.

Divyanshu

john_pietrowski2
Participant
0 Kudos

Still an open question.

0 Kudos

anyone have any ideas?

0 Kudos

Hi John

Have you tried raising this with SAP to see if they can assist (and also help the rest of the SAP community)?

The functionality seems to behave in a S000 fashion not checking any further into the services for object so maybe you can get this enhanced?

Just a thought...

I'm probably missing some pixie dust which is going on in the background for this option 🙂

Kind regards

David

0 Kudos

Hi,

there is BADI GOS_SRV_SELECT that allows you to implement your custom logic for available services. E.g. you can exclude some services for particular objects. So if you want to stick to authorizations, I would suggest to create new object and remove those first 2 services (Create attachment and note) if user does not have authorization for new auth. object.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin

So there is some pixie dust after all - interesting!

I'll have a look in our sandbox... txn se18?

Kind regards

David

saradas
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am looking for a solution to the above issue. Did you find a way to restrict/disable the

• Create->Create Attachment option? Let me know. Thanks.

0 Kudos

Nope, never got this to work, so we just have to live with it on our end.

0 Kudos

Actually, i found a way by implementing the BADI GOS_SRV_SELECT.

There is an Example implementation provided by SAP. When you activate it, it excludes the Create attachment option from the Services list. We can exclude any other attribute available from the list of attributes(refer Table SGOSATTR). Check it out!