I have a situation where a tax depreciation area is subsequently activated. i.e. after having values in my real depreciation area for an asset class, tax depreciation area is activated (no real depreciation values posted to this one).
So, my inital APC values in tax depreciation area appears zero. How could I reconcile the values between real depreciation area (01) and tax depreciation area (15)? And how could I input values to my tax depreciation area so that both the APC values will be equal.
Thanks & regards,
I think following link help you.
Thanks for the reply.
I have already checked that thread. But my situation is,
We have already activated the tax depreciation area (15), in that asset class. But for those assets before activation, the Acquisition values remain Zero. so, my concern is that there is a mismatch in the acquisition value between the Book depreciation area (01) and tax depreciation area (15)
You can try the following procedure.
1. Make sure that FI-AA is complete for the last fiscal year (e.g 2012). i.e. no more postings/adjustments are required.
2. Create a new asset accounting transaction type for acquisition in the prior year. Limit this transaction to depreciation area 15.
3. Assign depreciation key 0000 in depreciation area 15 of the assets master.
4. Post APC values using this new transaction type with last day of the last fiscal year as asset value date. You may even have to consider posting accumulated depreciation (as on last day of the last fiscal year) as well, in case the depreciation key uses WDV for calculating the depreciation.
5. Close the last fiscal year (i.e. 2012) in AA. This should never be opened again, otherwise the depreciation values would get recacluated.
6. Change the depreciation key in the asset master.