cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable SAP HANA DB Connection(Option) in SLT System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to create SAP HANA DB connection in SLT System using T-code: DBACOCKPIT . But I'm not getting SAP HANA DB connection. AS per SAP Notes. I've done following Pre-Requisites steps in SLT server

1) SAP Kernel 720 Ext-patch level 120

2) DBSL -120

3) I've installed DMIS add-on

4) Activated Required Services

5) Assigned roles to particular usert

6) I've installed SAP HANA DBSL

7) I've installed SAP HANA Client

😎 I set Environment-Variables
9) I Restart Application Server

Still I'm not getting SAP HANA Option. Please any one tell me  Solution, I'm suffering fro last 1 month.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi all,

since this question is not answered and I experience similar problems: Here is my description:

I also performed all the steps above (using NW 7.3 for SLT, Rev. 52 for HANA).

My symptoms:

* LTR: returns error error when opening db connection ("Fehler beim Öffnen von DB-Verbindung")

* DBCOCKPIT: I checked the connection. The result is:

SLT_SLT_00    1    DBSL Library Availability    @01\QTest successful@

SLT_SLT_00    2    Client Library Availability    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    2    No Client software found. See SAP Note 1517236    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    3    Test the SQL connection (Native SQL at CON_NAME)    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    3    sql_neg: no_connection    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    3    Cannot create SQL connection    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    3    sql code: 259    @02\QAn error has occurred@

SLT_SLT_00    3    Please check with SM50 the following work process:  9    @02\QAn error has occurred@

I have entered the path of the hdbclient folder in the PATH variable for user <sid>adm and restartet the server (Hinweis 1597627 - HANA Connection). But it seems it is not getting it. Why? (SAP Note 1589983 is not applicable, SAP note 1517236 is internal, process 9 on SM50 seems to be only the SQL that does not work). Any ideas?

Thanks for any hints Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

there is a thread which solved nearly the same problem like yours.

Maybee you can attached to them and it helps solving your problem.

http://scn.sap.com/message/14056966#14056966

Regarding to this at first, I would like recommend you to Test this connection via SE38(Report Name: ADBC_TEST_CONNECTION) and send the report?.

I think the report will be like this:

Loading DB library 'E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll' ...

*** ERROR => DlLoadLib()==DLENOACCESS - LoadLibrary("E:\usr\sap\HLT\DVEBMGS00\exe\dbhdbslib.dll")......?

What I did to solve this is copy file libSQLDBCHDB.so to path  /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMSG00/exe on the source ERP System as this file  was missing there (maybee installatin routin of hdbclient go wrong) Further I set environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH  to /usr/sap/<SID>/hdbclient once again.

If there are any Question please let me know.

Hope this helps.

Have a nice evening :-).

Yours sincerely.

Norman.

0 Kudos

Thanks, Norman,

I set (created) the environment variabel LD_LIBRARY_PATH and added the hdbclient path.

I do not know where to copy the file libSQLDBCHDB.so _from_.

The files dbhdbslib.dll and dbhdbslib.pdb are there.

Report result:

(1)     Testing a Database Connection Defined in DBCON

Could not open connection <connection with existing schema, but not system user created in DBCO>

sql error        259  occured:

(2)

Testing a Database Connection Defined in DBCON

Could not open connection <connecting as system user, created as TEMP connection after trying with LTR>

sql error     10.709- occured:

Connection failed (RTE:[-1] Kerberos error. Major: "Miscellaneous failure [851968]", minor: " []")

I installed the HANA Studio to see whether general connection is possible and it works.

Regards, Christoph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Christoph,

you are welcome ;-)!

Only for your interest the file libSQLDBCHDB.so is part of the HDBCLIENT, you can find

it under .../HDB_CLIENT_<OperatingSystem>_<Version>_../client/SQLDBC.TGZ --> unpack SQLDBC.tar --> unpack and there you have libSQLDBCHDB.so... :-).

But it seem not to be your problem....because the report shows an other error:

connection with existing schema, but not system user created in DBCO

This is saying that you try to connect with a normal SAP HANA User. For SLT: at first you have to build a connection with the SYSTEM User of your SAP HANA because SLT will great a new Schema for Data Provisioning in your SAP HANA. For this you need the authorisation of the SYSTEM User.

I think you will solve your problem:

TX: SM30-->Table DBCON-->Maintain-->New Entry

DBMS = HDB
Username= <DB User> (SYSTEM)
DB-Password = <DB Password>

Connection: <Hostname>:<SQL Port>

and 2.

in TX LTR use the same entry's, but without <SQL Port>

I really hop this helps to solve your problem ;-).

Wish you the best!

Yours sincerely,

Norman.

former_member207428
Participant
0 Kudos

For SLT: at first you have to build a connection with the SYSTEM User of your SAP HANA because SLT will great a new Schema for Data Provisioning in your SAP HANA. For this you need the authorisation of the SYSTEM User.

When creating a Secondary DB Connection in DBACOCKPIT, and you wish to query the tables created by the SLT via Open SQL in ABAP, like in this blog : Developer's Journal: ABAP/HANA Connectivity via... | SCN  , is there a way to specify the schema to be used ? Or do we need to use a user that has the schema assigned as default -> the user created by the SLT ?

We don't know the password of this user though, as it is created automatically during creation of the new schema by the SLT.

Can we set our own password, or is there an impact due to the password change?

What is the best way to accomplish this? In normal SQL, you can specify <schema_name>.<table>, but the code below doesn't seem to like this approach.

SELECT * FROM sflight CONNECTION ('AB1')

1.     INTO TABLE lt_sflight
  2.    WHERE carrid = 'LH'.

Thanks for the help

SK-EA
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Implement the steps mentioned in the below note for successful creation of SAP Hana connection.

Note 1597627 - SAP HANA connection

We faced no issues and able to integrate SAP Hana DB into Solution Manager DBACOCKPIT.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Srinivas K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried connecting via transaction LTR? Creating a configuration via LTR will create the required connections and schemas (unless you already have a schema in HANA). Also check transaction DBCO in SLT and make sure that HDB is available in the Database System options/drop downs.

Thanks

Kris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kris,

With out SAP HANA Connection how LTR work? Please Suggest me.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava raju

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SLT creates the db connection to HANA automatically when you create a new configuration via transaction LTR. There is no need to create it manually.

Best,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

As per your Suggest, I've tried LTR T-code in SLT Server but i got error as below. Please check it once.

Thanks,

Vishali Raghava Raju

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure on which version you are working.

Have a look at this notes:

Note 1800901 - SLT: 500 Connection timed out after logging into WebDynpro via
transaction LTR

Note 1771834 -  Poor performance in transaction LTR

Best,

Tobias