Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total no. of tables in sap...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can you plz let me know how many tables sap has...

Regards,

yunus

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

lots of table

can i know y u want to know this .can u just specify ur problem..:-)

0 Kudos

Hi kishen,

i just want to know total no. of tables in sap..

in my knowledge SAP has 56000 tables..is it correct ?

Regards,

yunus

0 Kudos

Hi,

The table DD02L contains metadata of all the available // tables on a SAP system.

It contains 1,25,000 tables in our system excluding Z and Y tables.

U can check it in ur system.

Reward if u find helpful.

0 Kudos

I totally agree with JUDITH. DD02L has all tables, SAP + Tables in customer namespace.

<b>The tables in customer name space is mainly Y* and Z*. But then we can have other NameSpaces too, which SAP has reserved for its customers. There are function modules which gives the Customer namespace and so these tables should be excluded from the selection.</b>

THANKS AND REGARDS,

RAVI.

0 Kudos

>>in my knowledge SAP has 56000 tables..is it correct ?

No you are not correct.Table DD02L holds information reg. no tables that is available in ur system.Use it for determining the same.

Cheers,

Hakim

0 Kudos

hi,

Yes..the table DD02L contains all the standard tables which may be of types such transparent, pooled and clustered tables but this completely depends on your sap system configuration. That is the size of tablespaces, initial extent, next extent configured by the BASIS people. you can not exactly say that my sap system has this n number of tables becoz this only tells u the no of tables accoding the size of tablespace configured by your administrator or basis people. Even though, this DD02L exludes all your Z* or Y* programs. Also, DD02L only gives the skeleton definitions of data..i mean to say it does not contain the actual data. the actual data is stored on the database level..DD02L has only the definitions of the data stored on the database level and which is maintained at the time of system configuration. so this proves that no of exact tables maintained at the database server is of no use to us..we're only here(as an abaper) to use the raw data, amke it meaningful...display them using reporting techniques etc. and store them at the database level.

plz correct me if i'm not correct.

thanks,

shamim.

Manohar2u
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Total number of entries in DD02L table equals to the total number of tables exists in your system

Cheers

Manohar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

DD02L-it is table which contains list of SAP tables.

Check the number of entries for the table DD02L

The count is equal to the total no of sap tables.

Regards,

Sruthi

raviprakash
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Yunus,

The total number of SAP tables varies from release to release. In your current release, you can find this by checking the total number of table in DD02L <b>MINUS</b> Number of tables in customer name space.

Thanks and regards ,

Ravi .