cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of VmWare system to Hyperion system (BO system)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i Friends,

As our client are above to migrating from VmWare Operating system to Hyperion system.

Would like to know will there be any affect to BusinessObjects or do we have to take any precautions like Backup................or any thing else

1. Do we have to do any activity or it will automatically migrated (Like  configurations0

2.Please provide any standard document if SAP provides

3.Please assist list of activities to perform before migration.

Environment>:

Source        : ECC system

ETL             : BODS 3.2 with Rapid Marts

Database    : MYSQL SERVER 2008

Reporting    :  BOXI 3.1

Thanks & Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is no document or other to answer your requirements.

to be prudent, you should backup everthing (as your IT would normally do as part of their disaster recovery process)

you should check help.sap.com , look under BI,  and read the  backup/upgrade/migration guides.  there are several planning guides.

however, I keep re-reading your post and i'm confused.  VMware we all know as a virtualization platform.  But Hyperion we tradionally know as an OLAP datasource (i.e. Essbase)

What's your understanding?

regards,

H

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry

Thanks for quick reply,

however, I keep re-reading your post and i'm confused.  VMware we all know as a virtualization platform.  But Hyperion we tradionally know as an OLAP datasource (i.e. Essbase)

It was a mistake..Actually it is  Hyperp-V.. not hyperion.

Can you suggest any other practices apart from this ?

Regards

Fasi

roland_hoeller2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi

A backup should always be done, you never know if something is going wrong. If the way the virtual machines get created is so that no IP addresses or host names/aliases are changed then SAP Business Objects will likely have no issues.

If the host names/ip addresses change you should check if there is any configuration referring to those IP addresses host names and amend it

Regards

Roland