cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC10NW Failed to save data message

Former Member
0 Kudos

We made changes to a model in BPC, switched Input Currency to Rpt Currency.  We optimized the model.  Re-opened the Input Form we are testing and refreshed.   We still have writeback/input enabled cells according to the colors.  We enter data and when we save it we are getting the error message "Failed to save data" but when we refresh the form the data we entered is there and any sums or subtotals are calculated.  The data entered also shows up in BW, so it is saving the data.  What is really wrong, and how do I fix it?  

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you have anything in DEFAULT.LGF?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, I have a call to Consolidation program and a member calculation.  Sounds like you think I should clear the Default.LGF and test, then slowly add the pieces back in.  I will try that and report back. 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member186498
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Diane,

please see this note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1621658 it seems similar to your issue.

Kind regards

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both.  Yes, it was the Default logic blocking the save.   Commented out everything in Default logic and came back into the input form and it worked fine, but of course was not calculating the taxes.   I tried *When logic and was able to save, but did not get a tax calculation.  I switched to MDX and set the tax account = to the Operating Profit * .25 and that worked as expected and did not bomb out the Input form.