cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency Conversion in SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

How does currency translation internally works in SAP BI at BEx level? What are TCUR* tables will be hit to translate currency from local to foreign or viceversa?

Also it would be helpful if you can guide me in achieving below:

The exchange rates are maintained for the below in TCURR table:

1. GBP --> EUR

2. INR --> EUR

3. EUR --> GBP

4. EUR --> INR

The data from source is coming as below :

KeyAmountCurrency
ABC100GBP
EFG200INR

Now at BEx level, we have applied currency translation using user input(variable). When the user is selecting EUR, the currency is getting translated properly as per the exchange rates maintained in TCURR table since the currency conversion rate is being maintained from both INR-->EUR & GBP-->EUR.

But when the user selects GBP/INR in the user input, the currency is not getting translated. For both the cases, the output just shows as total = 300 which means currency translation is not happening. Also we do observe that currency conversion rate is not maintained from GBP --> INR. Does this need to be maintained in TCURR table or am i missing any other TCUR* table which might convert GBP & INR to EUR & then back to GBP/INR?

Regards,

Pavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

srinivas_anilkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

How did you solve this issue?

We too have a similar requirement where in all the target currencies will not be available in the TCURR (Exchange Rates ) table.

E.g

From USD To GBP will need to be converted in reporting. However, we will not have exchange rate defined for USD to GBP but instead USD to EUR and GBP to EUR.

Thanks,

Srinivas

0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

You have to maintain the TCURR table in BW as well . What you can do is GOTO SOURCE SYSTEM IN BW ,

right click on source system --> transfer exchange rates .

There we you will get multiple radio buttons 1) Simulations 2) Update exchange rates 3) transfer exchange rates again . Select any of this options and run in background.

You can also schedule this job in background on daily /monthly basis.

Thanks

Dinesh

former_member183012
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

Yes you need to maintain rate in table.after that execute report and check.

Regards,

Ganesh Bothe

Former Member
0 Kudos

The currency can be displayed in bex with following conditions
1.The currency for the query should be translated into common target.
2.The datasource will provides one currency then a translation into a common terget currency is not mandate.

Display options : Right click on column -> properties->Display->scaling factors for displaying Key Figures.
Try this - good luck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

How did you solve GBP-->INR conversion.

Regards

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

No, TCURR table won't work in isolation.

It always refers to TCURF table for curency conversion.

You need to have either directly or indirectly quoted exchange rate for the currency combination in TCURF table as well.

Br,

H

former_member182516
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it need to be maintained in the TCURR table, Check with the FI functional person to help in this regard. Once he is done , transfer the global settings for exchange rates.

Once its maintained , you can get the desired output in the BEx .

Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In case of some currencies the ratio needs to be maintained as 100 :1 instead of 1:1 in this path .

Go to Tcode - SPRO-> SAP NETWEAVER ->CURRENCIES->Define Translation Ratios for Currency Translation .

Check the values against correct 'Exchange Rate Type' for e.g 'M' is a exchange rate type mostly used .

If changing these entries is not possible by your finance team , ask them to check the entries maintained for your exchange rate type and currency at this location :Tcode - SPRO-> SAP NETWEAVER ->CURRENCIES->Enter Exchange Rates . confirm whether the direct ratio or indirect ration whatever is maintained is correct .

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that your currency conversion is working properly but currentcy conversion is not maintained in TCURR table. Better you maintain the currency conversion for all possible combination of INR, GBP & EUR currencies in TCURR table i.e.

INR -> GBP

GBP -> INR

INR -> EUR

EUR -> INR

GBP -> EUR

EUR -> GBP

If your source system is SAP R/3 then maintain the missing currency conversion through transaction 'OB08' in source system or FI consultant can do that in the source system. Then our Exchange rate transfer scheduled job in BW system will bring the updated exchange rates in BW system & then your report may work.

Hope this input will solve your problem.

Regards,

Pradip

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have gone through the links. It just talks about how to do currency translation which i is already achieved in my case.

Thanks

anshu_lilhori
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think as you said in you post the exchage rate is not maintained in the table itself.

As it wis working for other rates so there is nothing wrong with the approach and logic.

Consult with your FI consultant and confirm the same.

OB08 is the transaction to maintain currency exchange rate.

I hope you must have tired with tranfer exchange rates settings in RSA1--source system--select that particular system----transfer exchange rates.

Regards,

AL