cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit version of NWDS 7.31 available or not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

64 bit version of NWDS 7.31 is available or not? I have downloaded 32 bit version, file name is "nwds-extsoa-7.3-EHP1-SP05-PAT0002-win32". Also is it required to install NWDS 7.31 using update site because i am able to download NWDS 7.31 from service market place.

regards,

Rakesh Mathew

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Benny
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

There is no version of NWDS in 64 bit. 32 bit runs on 64 bit OS also.

REgards,

Benny

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just test to install the 32bits in Win7. There is a error. Do you have any advices? My OS is Win7 with 64bits. I have set the compatibility.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

for NWDS 7.10 a (32bit) JDK1.5 is allowed to be used

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is useful. I will try, Thank you Ervin.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ervin/ Benny,

Thanks for the update.One more doubt, what is mean by installing NWDS 7.31 using update site?

Regards,

Rakesh Mathew.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

you can install NWDS in 2 ways (this is valid for the release 730 and 731. For 700 there was no update site mechanism at all, and for releases >=710 and <=720 there was only the below described option 2.):

1. you download the entire package (roughly 1GB) and install it right away offline on your computer

(when you want to update it later (patching it), you don't need to download it again, you just connect to an sap server dedicated for NWDS updates. This is the update site. No need to configure anything, this should be preconfigured in your NWDS).

2. You download only a "skeleton" NWDS. Or in other words an "empty" eclipse without NWDS plugins, and you do the rest of the download again via the update site. And of course future updates are again accessible via the update site (patching NWDS).

You can do reach the update site for update any time in NWDS menu using Help-- Find and Install... -- Software Updates.

(In NWDS' Preferences there is a config page where you can also manage configurations and this is where the URL of the update site is maintained, but I don't know at the moment the exact location by heart, however I wrote this only for the sake of completeness, so this last point isn't that relevant anyway.)

I hope this asnwers your question.

Best Regards,

Ervin

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

and another important thing to keep in mind is that the JDK itself has to be 32bit as well, even if your OS is 64bit.

Furher prerequisites are available at (this page should be accessible with your S-User):

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/731/doc/prerequisites.html

Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin,

My JDK 7.0 is 32bits. but still failed. I am puzzling. My OS is WIN7 with 64 bits. Above is the screenshots to reply Benny.

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

JDK1.6 can be used for 720 and 730, 731.

See also the note:

#1566977 - NWDS on Windows 7

(http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1566977)

Here I send you the proper SAPJVM6 for 730 and 731 installations (requires S-User Authentication)

https://nwds.sap.com/swdc/downloads/updates/netweaver/nwds/nw/731/doc/files/sapjvm6.msi

Regards,

Ervin

Message was edited by: Ervin Szolke