SAP for Automotive Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users in discussions to troubleshoot challenges, share best practices, and fuel each other's success. Join a conversation or start your own.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP for Automotive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How feasible is take a wsitch from SAP Retail to SAP automtive - i.e to handle the  blueprint design and build part of plant maintainance given the fact that i have good years of experince in SD and MM as well..please guide me a way forward on this -is it possible to learn it in one month.

Thanks

Mohit

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Good question...I am also a MM consultant and recently moved to this SAP automotive..with MM and SD background it is very easy to learn SAP automotive.

Thanks,

siva.

0 Kudos

HI,

I want to know little bit about the SAP Automotive. Can you give me an overview of it. I will be thankful to you.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am working on SAP DBM(Dealer Business Management) i.e; SAP implemented for a dealer . It involves new vehicle procurement,used vehicle procurement,vehicle sales and services,parts sales etc..all real time scenarios in a dealership.

Thanks,

Siva.

0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks a lot for your valuable reply sir.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is very much easy to switch.. You can start learning SAP VMS & then move on to learn SAP DBM Vehicle sales process.

VMS: Typically used in a distributor / OEM to sale & procure vehicles.

DBM: Mainly used in large dealerships for vehicle procurement & sales.

Regards,

Sachin Balmiki