cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring issue with MSSQL database

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

I decided to move existing monitoring from java tables to real Audit DB and faces one issue - it does not work.

What I did:

1. Created tables in the Db. Loaded only dimension tables, no fact tables, because historical data are not of big importance for us at the moment.

2. Modified sqlsrv.sbo file which was available here: %Install Dir of SAP BO%\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\dataAccess\connectionServer\odbc

by adding the alias entry

<DataBase Active="Yes" Name="MS SQL Server 2012">

<Aliases>

<Alias>MS SQL Server</Alias>

</Aliases>

<Libraries>

<Library>dbd_wmssql</Library>

<Library>dbd_mssql</Library>

</Libraries>

<Parameter Name="Extensions">sqlsrv2012,sqlsrv,odbc</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="CharSet Table" Platform="Unix">datadirect</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="Driver Name">SQL (Server|Native Client)</Parameter>

<Parameter Name="SSO Available" Platform="MSWindows">True</Parameter>

</DataBase>

</DataBases>

3. In CMC->Application switched monitoring from Embedded database to Audit and nothing happens, no data are being inserted to fact tables, but auditing works as a charm.

What am I missing here?

SAP BI; 4.0 with Sp05

DB: MSSQL 2012

OS; Win2012

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, I forgot to mention that I'm getting the following error message "An error occurred while retrieving the trend data from the database (MON00009)"

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you get the solution.I am facing the same issue.

regards,

Amit

former_member199543
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, transferred data manually and switched data connector to Audit DB. In my case - missing data in dimension tables was the cause, besides in 4.1 there is no derby DB IMHO