cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD - GTS Interface (Packaging Data)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

This might be a wrong community for this question but I could not find proper community for GTS.

I am creating a scenario in SAP from Order to Billing and my documents are passed to GTS successfully. But I am stuck at a point.

I have two different scenario for for both when the documents are passed to GTS, there is a difference between them is "Packaging Data".

Both scenarios have difference Sales Order Type and Item categories. Btu Delivery Document Type and Proforma Invoice Type are same.

For one Scenario Packaging Data for each items are being passed to GTS but for another scenario it is not. I am unable to find the difference or settings where I can check the same. I want Packaging Data to be passed for both the scenarios in the Documents in GTS pertaining to the Pro-forma Invoice

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

hp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

You can use Solutions-> Enterprise Resource planning->Corporate Services->Global Trade Services.

Btw, Coming to your question.

1) Are you passing the packaging data from the proforma invoice to GTS.?

If thats the case, would kindly request you to check Tcode VTFL if there are any difference in copy control routines for the Item category for which it is working and for the one its not working.

Because you said, for some item category you can find Packaging data passed to GTS.

2) Can you also verify the config. in GTS.

SAP Customs Management->General Settings->Custom code lists->Assignment of Packaging Material type at feeder system/group level.

Check, if the Packaging Mat type is mapped here. Based on the Custom code lists created for your busienss.

Please let us know if it was useful. And will be great if you can post your question in GTS forum. You will have experts opinion from there.

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Great response!

I checked both the things and I found point number 2 is not relevant but Point 1 seems to be.

Here for ITEM CATEGORY1 for which it is not working, does not have copying req.

And for ITEM CATEGORY2 for which it is working, has copying req. 010.

So I set the same for ITEM CATEGORY1, but it still didnt work. any further idea on the same?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

As you confirmed, the packaging data is transferred from Proforma invoice. Were you able to identify the exact location in VF03 where the packaging data is updated.

Is it under Foreign trade/customs tab.  Please compare Invoices of the good example and bad example.

We must be able to locate the issue then.

Just confirming,i hope you would have done this.--> Did you create a fresh example after changing the config.?

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

Yes, I created a fresh example after changing the config.

And I confirmed, the packaging data is transferred from Proforma invoice because I did not find the packaging Data in GTS at Delivery document level but along with that I am not able to identify the exact location in VF03 where the packaging data is updated not even under Foreign trade/customs tab. Yes Packaging data is there in Delivery document in VL03n in HU details.

After comparison of Invoices of the good example and bad example, I could not find anything else.

Thanks.

Regards,

Hardik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik,

I dnt have any clue.. Unless i get to see the behavior. Please check BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_SD0C_R3BAdI /SAPSLL/IFEX_SD0C_R3.

And please check the following links.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1208347

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1812969

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1826571

Can you please try posting the same query in GTS. We will get quick expert advices there.

FYI.

Solutions->Enterprise Resource planning->Corporate Services->Global Trade Services.

Link-->http://scn.sap.com/community/global-trade-services

Regards

Dhilipan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhilipan,

All my assumptions and findings are going wrong. I received another example where there is only one item category for all items and few of them are having packaging data and few of them are having not.

Hardik

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved from SAP ERP SD Sales to SAP Global Trade Services (GTS)

G. Lakshmipathi

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Please use the other thread for more discussions. There is the same thread in here from Hardik.

I will close this one.