Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting SMTP errors in BODI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm a newbie to BODI ETL tool.

We have a BODI Application XI (Designer ver 12.2.3.4) where in the job notifications are sent as emails to the Users. We're using the SMTP_TO command in a script stage to send emails.

EML-160201:  | Session <x_y_z>

SMTP Error code: <124>. For more information, see your SMTP server manual.

the real mystery is:

1. It is only sometimes  that this error is encountered while on the rest of the days, this email statement  works fine.

2. Mos t of the times when this error occurs, we actually get the email.

3. Some of the times the error occurs and we don't get the email too.

Any idea?

Thanks!

Deepu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The SMTP service in BODS doesn't seem to buffer the messages like a real SMTP server would. If a connection is dropped, it simply loses the message. I got around this by installing an SMTP server (it's part of IIS) on the BODS server itself. Then BODS points to the localhost server which buffers the messages if it is having trouble connecting to the corporate SMTP server.

You might want to talk to your IT security people about this first, in case they have additional requirements, such as using a whitelist to prevent it from being used as a spam relay.

0 Kudos

Hello All

I am facing the same issue in our BODS server. Could you help me to resolve this issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whos your internet service provider? It has to do with the enhanced security set up in the network.

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

will transfer to EIM Data Services forum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I cannot see this in the EIM Data Services forum, can you provide a link please

Thanks