Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating new Word templates after applying Note 1707600

sebastianlenz85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi!

With note 1707600 SAP provides the possibility to edit MS Word files listed in the attachments assignment block without the need to check the file out, save it locally and finally check it in again.

We applied this and all necessary and dependent notes successfully.

Creating new word documents and editing them in the attachments assignment block, documents are opened correctly in the web dynpro 'crm_oi_dsg'.

But when we create new Word templates in the template designer and press the 'Start Designer' button the new template opens not in the web dynpro 'crm_oi_dsg' but the browser pops up the dialog for downloading the word file. Because of this changes made in the new created template won't be saved in content management.

Any idea how to solve this?

Regards,

Sebastian

P.S.: We meet all prerequisites and checked them twice (browser settings, active service in sicf, active component framework, ...)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

At first I thought oss note 1707600 didn't apply to template designer, and only to word documents in "attachments" assignment blocks... So I kept using the check in/out procedure when creating new templates. But you raised a very good point here, so I double checked, and it is now stated in the note below that, after implementing 1707600, saving to CRM server directly should be possible for word templates too:

Note 1566793 - Procedure to create word template in EHP1 & higher versions.

So you'll probably need to open a customer message mentioning those two notes and see what happens.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

sebastianlenz85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you very much for your quick response and your detailed hints. I'll contact SAP and open a customer message.

I'll keep you informed when I get a response from SAP.

Regards,

Sebastian

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

OliverF
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm this problem. We are on CRM 7.0 EHP 1 SP 7.

We also get the download dialog, if we push the designer button.

- Note 1707600 implemented

- Note 1772062 implemented

- Note 1777018 implemented

- Note 1829834 implemented

- Note 1825865 implemented

- SAP Data Panel installed and IE Add-On is launched

- ActiveX settings activated

The Word-Document opens, fields can be drag'n'dropped but after save no doc template is saved on the CRM server.

Have you solved the problem in the meantime?

Regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we have the same problem on CRM 7.0 EHP 2 SP 6. We can edit a document, but when pushing the 'Save' button we get a message that the connection to the remote server could not be established. On the CRM server, there is an empty template with that name that we specified.

The same applies when trying to edit such a recently created, empty template.

Editing existing templates using the checkout-save-upload procedure works fine.

Has anybody been able to solve this issue?

Regards,

Dominik

0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

We are having the same problem on CRM 7 EHP2 SP4. Did you already managed to fix this issue?

(error message: "Unable to connect to the remote server" )

Thanks in advance,

Kind Regards,

Jannes

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just for information I'm working on CRM7.02 SP07 at the moment, and everything worked fine after I upgraded my IE8 to IE9. No need to check in/out to save the word template, and no error message displayed.

Cheers,

Nicolas.

Message was edited by: Nicolas Busson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jannes,

we are still looking for a solution. We opened an OSS Note that is still pending and they wanted to look at the system, but after our proposal to do a WebEx session there has been no further communication.

Regards,

Dominik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominik,

Did you resolve this problem?. I have the same problem, when I try to save the template document, return the message error "Unable to connect to the remote server" .

Sap answer your OSS note?

King Regards

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Have you applied note "1777018 - Office-Integration - MS Word 2007/2010 mit Inhaltskontrollen"?

You also have to install a plugin for Word that you can find on the SAP marketplace. (The place is described also in the note)

After this please have a look to your IE settings for ActiveX.

Then it should be possible to define new templates.

Hope this helps?

Best regards,

Reto

sebastianlenz85
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Reto,

Thank you for your response!

Yes, we also applied note 1777018 and installed the Word plugin with the SAP Data Panel. We added the URL of the CRM Webclient to the browsers trusted sites and activated all ActiveX settings. The Active Component Framework (ACF) is installed, too.

Regards,

Sebastian

andreoid
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sebastian,

I can confirm this problem. We also get the download dialog, if we push the designer button.

- Note 1777018 implemented

- Note 1829834 implemented

- SAP ACF (PL40) installed and IE Add-On is launched

- ActiveX settings activated

Have you solved the problem in the meantime?

Regards,

André