Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Index in SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a requirement to create secondary index on VBPA for fields PARVW and KUNNR. In VBPA i could see an extension index already available. The status of the index is new and there is a warning that says Index does not exist in MSSQL. Is it possible to activate this index and will it improve the performance if activated?

Please help.

Regards,

Ramanan R.S.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look better at SE11 on the index...

Check Switch ISM_MEDIA_BASIS_MODIF activation status.

if switch activated

Else

• Transactions SE11, SE14 or DB02 wont have any effect (Read the activation log if you already tried)
  • Create you own index in your namespace (like VBPA~Z01) (but activate in production outside of peak hours)

Regards,

Raymond

7 REPLIES 7

former_member391265
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

If it is already there, just activate and use it.

Thanks

Reward points, if helpful.

0 Kudos

Hi Ketan,

Thanks for the reply. The question is how to activate it. SE14 database utility does not activate the index.

0 Kudos

Hi Ramanan,

SE14 activates the indexes.

Go to SE14 and click on Indexes button on the application toolbar of the screen.

A Pop-Up will appear showing the indexes of the table.

Double click on the one you want to activate.

The click Activate and Adjust Database button.

Hope this helps

0 Kudos

Hi Aniket,

SE14 will show list of secondary indexes. It does not show extension index. Thanks for the reply.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look better at SE11 on the index...

Check Switch ISM_MEDIA_BASIS_MODIF activation status.

if switch activated

Else

• Transactions SE11, SE14 or DB02 wont have any effect (Read the activation log if you already tried)
  • Create you own index in your namespace (like VBPA~Z01) (but activate in production outside of peak hours)

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Thanks Raymond. The ISM_MEDIA_BASIS_MODIF is switched off. I will have to create my own index.

Regards,

Ramanan

gouravkumar64
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Tr like this

in se11 >then go to >indexes> then ur MESSAGE will be raise probably.

like this

Just save & activate.

Maximum number of secondary index is 9.

Hope it helps.

Thanks

Gourav.