cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF invoice copy not sent to the customer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Please help me to resolve issue in below scenario.

The customer invoice is created in VF01 and then a output is triggered by which a PDF invoice copy is sent to the customer by email .Today customer did not receive the PDF invoice for one spool. I am not sure if this spool was sent to the output device or not . User says email server was properly working today . All these steps are executed automatically through background jobs.

Thanks in advance !

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm hoping you're using standard output program with External send option (if it's some custom development then check with your ABAP team).

VF03 should show that the output has been processed successfully (green light), also make sure that it has correct medium. Check if the Bill-to partner has email in customer master. If you have maintained distribution strategy then output would go to printer instead of email if no email address can be determined.

If this all checks out then there should be an email generated with the same time stamp as output processing time. Emails may be viewed in SOST transaction. If email has green status then it means it went out of SAP successfully. It might get stuck further on the mail exchange server (although this hardly ever happens), in this case check with your Basis admin.

If this all worked fine in SAP then definitely the issue is on the customer's side (especially if just one customer is not getting emails). Most frequently the issue is because emails are incorrectly identified as spam on the recipient's side.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Still this issue is not solved . I am new to this process. Recently few more emails were not received by the customer via Lotus notes .

The spool has green (completed) status in SAP . As per my understanding this spool must be going to the output device then a email is sent to the lotus notes server to one email ID. Please tell me how to identify if these spools have gone to the output device and if it reached to output device then how to know if an email was sent from this device.

Thanks !

Sandeep N.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Here how can i make sure if the Spool was sent to the output device or not and if it is not sent then how can i send it .

Thanks !

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

let me just share you some point , which may assist in answering your query to some extent like

1. first of all check Customer master to validate whether e mail id of customer is plotted or not in SAP. if there is any Z table , you may verify for the same.

2. You may check the Spool by using T code SP01, bt for this scenario  i assume IDOCs are triggered automatically post invoicing , which you may check in processing log under output screen of Invoice

if IDOC are green in status then , you may take help of ABAPer for further input.

Thanks

Mahesh

former_member184065
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

First of all go to SP01 T.Code and check did you have Spool Request or not in that T.Code .If yes ,go to SE38 and give the Program RSTXPDFT4 and execute ,now ,you have one Field as Spool Request ,there put your Spool request Number and down load the PDF File .

Note : First of all ,you have to make sure as Spool Request Number generated or not in SP01 or SP02 T.Code level .

If you have any doubts please let me know.

Thanks,

Naren

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

I have the spool number . How can find out if the spool was not sent to ouput device or not .

what are the possible reasons for this issue (Pdf mail not sent to the customer)? User wants to know the exact reason .

Thanks !

Sandeep

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

In SP01 if you can enter your spool number, make created by blank or change it to user name as coming in invoice output 'Further data' detail. Give date range same as you are finding Invoice output 'further data' detail,  better to have one day range.

Execute sp01 , it will show spool number with status. Status should be green here. In case of any error it will be red.

How you are sending pdf, directly from SAP or spool is connected to any third party program. In case it is going directly from sap by email, then possible issue. If it is going by SAP then SAP has different program to conver spool to pdf. Possible issue may be:

1. Error in spool

2. Customer Email do not have any authorisation, you may check it in SOSV if authorise. you will find mail details send on customer email id.

3. In case SOSV do not have record of mail, take help of basis , may be issue in SCOT.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks again for your reply .

The spool has completed (green) status in SAP. This spool goes to the output device in SAP which then sends the Pdf invoice copy Via email in lotus notes to the customer .

Regards,

Sandeep