cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help me to solve these questions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

Please help in getting the answers for the following questions.

1. Suppose firm A is procuring some X-material from a vendor.Our requirement is that,only subcontracting procurement should be allowed for that vendor.No other procurement should be possible through this vendor.How do we achieve this in SAP?

2. Firm A is procuring a material from Mumbai and firm A is located at Bangalore.While transporting the goods the truck driver Jumped one traffic signal and paid a fine of Rs.1000/- to the police .In this situation how do you incorporate this 1000 rupees in our purchase order?

3. Particular material is being procured both from a local vendor and a Foreign vendor.In our plant we have to differentiate between import material and Local material and we have to consume this Imported material first and then Local material.How do we achieve this?

Regards,

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

I want to share with you a creative solution that I have seen for your first question at some client. They prohibit purchasing without a valid price in the info record or a contract. This they have achieved by removing the condition type PBXX from the pricing schema. The only way to assign a value to the PO is therefore via condition type PB00, which can only be pulled from the info record/contract. Elegant, isn't it?

But now to your question. If the process above is acceptable for you, you can then make sure you don't have standard PIR for a vendor but only subcontracting PIR. This way the users will not be able to create standard PO's for this vendor (the error message "the net price must be greater than 0", you know ).

I would also like to develop Syed's solution for your third point. Once you have separate valuation types for local/imported material (split valuation), you can let the "stock determination" function to suggest the imported material ahead of the local one. Please check in IMG for Inventory mgmt --> Stock Determination --> Define Strategies for Stock Determination --> Item table.

BR

Raf

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) I dont see any chance with standard master data settings to restrict a vendor from beeing used for something else than subcontracting. I think you have to use an exit to check against a Z-table which holds the "subcontracting vendor only"

2) who did the viloation? the driver is supposed to  drive according to the traffic rules. It is his own risk if he acts differently.

when your company pays the penalty for him, then this has nothing to do with purchasing costs and must certainly not increase the value of the procured material.

Message was edited by: Jürgen L

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Point 1

Restrict PO type with vendor entered - in comparison to plant and trigger a message "Only subcontracting is allowed for vendor XXXXXX in plant XXXX" through ABAP development.

If plant selected XXXX, PO document type selected "other than PO-Subcontracting" and entered your desired vendor, an error message to be shown. This you can achieve through ABAP development.

For point 2.

The question raise "IF" driver jumped signal, not in all cases. Go with "Unplanned Delivery costs" option. Check and explore.

For Point 3.

Go with split valuation for material with "Import" and "Local". Maintain stock separately. Every goods issuance, check whether "Import" Stock quantity available or not (Unrestricted), if available - show an error message as "Prioritized material IMPORT stock exists" through ABAP development.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks to your reply.

1.If an Inforecord is created with Category L and the desired vendor check box is checked,then will the POs raised on that vendor be with Subcontracting ? Please correct me if iam wrong.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

the info record does not decide about the purpose of a purchase order.

Based on the entered data in a PR or PO, e.g. item category, vendor number and material number, plant, purchasing org    an info record is found to pull the price and other defaults from there.

But without matching data, the info record is not found, and can hence not control anything in your PO creation. contrary, with the standard settings, an info record is automatically created when you save the PO if it does not exist for the given combination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please comment on questions 1 and 2 in the original post.

Regards,