cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

printer configuration issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a printer HP laserjet M1212nf MFP which has ip address.

I need to configure this printer  to SAP.
When i checked in SAP devices this printer is not availble.  What is the procedure to configure this printer to SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

former_member740645
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I was enduring to overcome from my hp printer problem; I was got irritated whenever I search for a solution. At some point, I got a perfect solution from <a href="https://www.epson-printers.org/epson-et-2720-connect-setup/">epson ecotank et-2720</a> which includes all the information. Am really thankful, and I used to bookmark the website.

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

First create the printer using below steps.

Enter the T Code -SPAD.

In Spool Administration screen, click on Display against Output devices. This will list out all output devices configured in SAP system.

Click on Create button to add new printer.

In Device Attribute Screen below, put name of Output device, Device type, Device Class, Model and Location of Printer.

In Access method screen, select Host Spool Access Method and Host Printer.

In Host Printer you can attach default printer of the machine where user has logged in, by writing "__DEFAULT".

Check or uncheck "No Device Selection at Frontend" as per requirement.

Click on save button to save settings.

If you have not selected short name in device attribute screen then system will show below message. Click yes to go ahead.

System will show below Message.

You can also find details using below link.

SAP Basis Tutorials: How to configure printer in SAP ?

former_member185534
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have an problem,when i give print to any report in SAP,it prints from the center side sometimes,some times it leave space from the right side of paper and some times print from the bottom of the page.

The prinout of any output is not symmetrical.

So i wanted to knw that from where i am able to set the page setting while printing any report in SAP. ?

Waiting for your reply...

Regards,

Junaid

parth_raval
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Junaid,

The right way to change the default print format

1) Display a printable data on the screen

2) Click on the Print icon

3) On the next screen, enter an Output device and click on the "Properties" button

4) Double-click on the parameter value of the line "Format"

5) In the field "Format" change the value of the print format and click on the "Specifications" button

6) On the next screen click on the "Copy settings" button

That's it. Now the new value you enterred in 5°) is set as the default one for print format.

Note that following this procedure you can set or change other printing default parameters.

Regards,

Parth Raval

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

• I noticed that HPLJCM1 is not there in SAP by default.
  • the HPLJCM1 supports various MFP model Printers.
  • first try with HPLJM1 if you are unable to print then you have to install the device type HPLJCM1.
  • HPLJCM1 files attached to Note 1135055 - Printer Vendor Wizard Note: HP.

Please let me know the status.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vimal,

I am able to print the front end printing.

Need to configure network printer for this?  what are the steps i should follow?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please see the comments from Nick in the below link. This will be helpful you.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1687896

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d9/4a973751ea11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Mentioned comments from Nick,

Here My sap is on linux, so I need to install printer drivers on the Linux System?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes . If you have  any windows system, you can use that system as  a print server  which is easy as well as safer one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean  sap is installed on windows server?  

Former Member
0 Kudos

No. SAP can be in any of your preferred OS or your current OS.

I mean the Printer to be configured in a  windows server which will act as a Print server.

Please check with your network admin. They will help you out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per your query, you should contact to your network team or any vendor who can provide support to install print server in any desktop. When your print server is ready then you can configure this in SAP.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

For configuring the printer as a network printer need to configure print server in desktop?

" I have already configured the printer in desktop and i am able to print from that desktop."

I need to configure a network printer ,so that i can print from sap itself.

Please advice...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case, add the network printer as a printer in your desktop and try to take a print from SAP.

I had a similiar scenario.. I connected the printer from the network to the local printer , and configured the sap system

I tried to take a printout and it worked.

As well as please make sure that saplpd program is running in the print server.If not, it will not work.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to print from sap which asks the device type. 

Please clarify, are you able to print it as background job or print from sap which asks to choose device type and then it will print.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If printer name is set in SU01 for the user, it will be printed by default.

If not, we need to select the printer manually.

If the print should be done in background, you can request ABAPER to modify the Z* report accordingly.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Device type:

Please click F4 and select HP printer model or other printer model which is given in the list.

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

• First please check the Printer is reachable to the SAP GUI desktop. (Give test Print from Notepad)

• Device type: HPLJM1
  • Access Method: G
  • Host Printer: _default or / IP addess of Printer

• if device type not works try with SWIN, SAPWIN, or HPLJIIID.

Please let me know the status.

Thanks

Kishore Cherukumalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through and add new printer. login in sap and use t-code spad click on output device and check existing printer setting. Then create new printer setup and put required information.

anil

Former Member
0 Kudos
  1. Hi,

Please visit the below  to see the device type to be used with respective to printers.

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/cache/37011-0-0-225-121.html

If you are not aware of how to install the device type, see the below link.

http://h71028.www7.hp.com/enterprise/downloads/DeviceTypeUploadInstructions.pdf

To configure printer in SAP see the below steps.

1. Enter the T Code -SPAD.
  2. In Spool Administration screen, click on Display against Output devices. This will list out all output devices configured in SAP system.
  3. Click on Create button to add new printer.
  4. In Device Attribute Screen below, put name of Output device, Device type, Device Class, Model and Location of Printer.
  5. In Access method screen, select Host Spool Access Method and Host Printer.
  6. In Host Printer you can attach default printer of the machine where user has logged in, by writing "__DEFAULT".
  7. Check or uncheck "No Device Selection at Frontend" as per requirement.
  8. Click on save button to save settings.
  9. If you have not selected short name in device attribute screen then system will show below message. Click yes to go ahead.

Points to be noted :

1. Ensure that your printer drivers in operating system level are up to date.

2. Ensure you are able to print from Operating system level.

Please check and provide your feedback.

Thanks and Regards,

Vimal