Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detect who locks the BOL

MikeB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, SAP CRM Gurus

I've paid attention, that in some circumstances/views our PRODUCT BOL is locked.

In order to clarify the situation I've used a check prod_bol->is_locked( ) which returns true value.

After some code review of PRDIOOV/ObjectOV I didn't find a place where we lock this BOL obviously or implicitly.

My questions are:

1. Is there any way to detect who and where exaclty locks my BOL?

2. If there is no such way, thus where would you start to research?

I've checked DO_CONFIG_DETERMINATION( ), DO_INIT_CONFIG( ) and DO_PREPARE_OUTPUT( ) and didn't any place where we obviously lock this BOL.

Best regards,
Mike

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Activate checkpoint group "GENIL_LOCK" and analyze the callstack when the debugger pops up.

Kind regards,

Nicolas Busson.

MikeB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Nicolas

Thanks for your suggestion, I tried to implement your advice, but I faced out with the problem, it doesn't work, I'm not sure that what I do is a correct way to activate checkpoints.

Here are the steps I do:

1. Set breakpoint at beginning of DO_INIT_CONFIG( )

2. In debugger mode I go to Breakpoints/Watchpoints and there I enable stop action for GENIL_LOCK checkpoint group.

3. Continue code execution.

As result, nothing happens.

Probably, I should activate this group at the earlier step.

Could you specify where and how to activate this checkpoint group?

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In fact you don't need to set any breakpoint in DO_INIT_CONFIG. All you have to do is:

1) Make sure you're one click away from the page you want to analyze.

2) Execute tcode SAAB on SAP GUI, and activate checkpoint group GENIL_LOCK (click the match button, and flag the corresponding checkbox on the screen that appears, then save).

3) Now display the page you want to analyze on WebUI: the debugger will stop each time a LOCK is requested.

Regards,

Nicolas Busson.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member214667
Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add, the BOL object is locked whenever any of the object in the hierarchy is set to edit mode. So, based on the steps that you follow, you need to determine at what point could any BOL object be set to edit mode.

MikeB
Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it possible to lock the only BOL relation without lock the BOL it self?

nicolas_busson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No: obviously lock mechanism occurs at root entity level.

Example: you can't lock business partner's marketing attributes without locking the corresponding business partner, can you?

Cheers,

Nicolas Busson.