cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BusinessObjects SPACE issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friend,

We are facing space issue in BusinessObjects.Is it possible to remove old log files in Business to other location or system ?

If we are moving will there be any affects to any other appliation or reports....?

Or please guide me how to over come this issue

Analysis[/b]

I analyzed we found logs in the above path

D:/BOXI3.1/BUSINESSObjects/BusinessObjects  Enterprise 12.0/Logging

Here in this path we have logg file like jobserverChild_9348_2011.....FCPROC.....Adaptive processing server and others..

So,my question is can we move these logs to other location or can we delete this....if we delete do it has any impact  to this or any other systems.

Environment

BusinessObjects Reporting : BOXI3.1

ETL       : BODS 3.2

Source :  ECC > MS SQL SERVER 2008

Regards

Fasi[/u]

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fasiur,

This could help you.

http://scn.sap.com/community/bi-platform/blog/2012/10/22/businessobjects-monitoring-and-housekeeping...

You can keep them if you want to to root cause analysis for some of the issues. In our environment we have developed OS level scripts which moves these log files that are aged more than a month to a separate location.Over a period of time (for example 3 months) if these logs are of no use we will simply trash them.

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manikandan Elumala,

Thanks for your valuable effort, need to know few things about this

Hi

Would like to clarify few things.

• scan / Repair and Compact all repository errors

How to scan or repair errors do we have any tool for scanning this

• Delete the contents under the Local host folder in order to clear Tomcat Cache

In local host folder we can find number of files like  Admin ,analytic  balancer,Businssproces bi,,cmcAPP…………….)  You mean to say all this folder files has to be deleted…Please clarify on this

(D:\BOXI31\Business Objects\Tomcat55\work\Catalina\localhost)

• Delete contents under the Data Folder in order to clear Web Intelligence Cache

In data folder (D:\BOXI31\Business Objects\BusinessObjects Enterprise 12.0\Data) we found number of folders   in webi which folder we have to select and delete

• Delete empty folders within File Store Using RDT (Repository Diagnostic Tool)

We do not have RDT in the our BO system. Can you please suggest where it will actually present.Or do I need to separately install..

I can able see only Diagonistic tool but not RDT.

Please assist in clarifying the doubts

Regards

Fasi

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Fasi,

To answer your queries,

1. Repository diagnostic Tool(RDT) is the one I am referrring for Scan /Repair repository error.

2. Delete the contents under the Local host folder in order to clear Tomcat Cache

- This is explained in comments section of the same blog

3. Delete contents under the Data Folder in order to clear Web Intelligence Cache

- This is simalar to the Tomcat cache, But these files are used by BusinessObjects

4. Delete empty folders within File Store Using RDT (Repository Diagnostic Tool)

Empty folder might be created due to various reasons.

You can refer my blog to know more

http://blogs.hexaware.com/business-objects-boogle/businessobjects-administration-%E2%80%93-repositor...

Hope this clarifies your question.

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos

Hi,

i wouldnt clear the tomcat and webi Cache. The first impact will be that on the first time the WebApps such as InfoView and the CMC will be slower same as refreshing WebI Reports. After a while the caches will be filled again and you have to re- do these steps. So i would not delete these Caches.

You can edit each service in the CMC to point to a different logging directory. For example to a NAS/SAN storage location....so your local HDD wont get filled. Check SAP Note - 1507431. The exact paramter can be found in the Administrator Guide of XI 3.1

Regards

-Seb.