cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help choosing the right field..Appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope everybody is doing well. I am Aditya. I am actually SAP FI consultant worked almost 2 years in FI in India, Now ,I am in US and finishing my Masters in August. While searching for a FI-CO position it seems very difficult to get in as everyone is looking for minimum 5 years of experiences. Now, though I have my education in Accounting and finance, I want to work in ERP environment. Can you guys suggest me any other SAP module I should learn to land up into a SAP position. I know some programming language such as C & C++. So, I thought to learn ABAP as ABAP and FI go along. But some people aee advising me to learn BI/BW or Hana as it has the more demand than FI-CO. I know, you guys have been great helping each other. Appreciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hello Aditya,

Having knowledge on the finance area is key and this is one of your best strenghts and values. You decided to study as deep as you could (I believe) the SAP FI-CO solution. Another great value for you - good choice.

My first advice will be to encourage you continuing working on the finance area and adding the SAP ERP solutions and applications on your CV is a very good idea. About SAP HANA & SAP BW: yes understanding all values & value proposition of SAP HANA is also a very good idea and you can start reading all great materials posted on www.saphana.com - this web site is fully dedicted to SAP HANA. Also, spend some time on all videos posted on the HANA Technical Academy (HTA) still on saphana.com. They are all awesome and will "speed" you. Another key product to learn (in your context as SAP has so many great solutions & technologies) is definitely the SAP Netweaver Business Warehouse ; SAP NetWeaver BW is the SAP solution for the Business Intelligence, analytical, reporting and Data Warehousing applications. Also, SAP BW originally working with DBs like Oracle, DB2 & MS SQL Server is certified with SAP HANA (SAP NetWeaver powered by SAP HANA). SAP BW is an extremly rich product and solution with methodology, best practices and huge amount of business contents for all industries. SAP has many great products and solutions and starting new studies on HANA and BW with your finance knowledge will be key.

Best regards

Patrick