cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Key Figure Group

Former Member
0 Kudos

The standard ByD report Project Time Recordings allows you to view time recorded by day by team member. This is great but it displays in hours and also displays the Unit of Measure.

I would like to report in Days within a UoM. for example display 1 instead of 8h

The relevant Key Figure used in the standard report is Actual Work (Technical ID: ACTUAL_WORK)

I understand that creating a calculated Key Figure based on ACTUAL_WORK should allow me to calculate and hide the UoM. I've seen this working for other Key Figures.

My problem is that when I select the relevant Data Source that the report Project Time Recordings uses to select ACTUAL_WORK to create my own calculated Key Figure, it isn't there to select.

I think this is because ACTUAL_WORK exists in a Key Figure Group: Project - Time Recordings.

I can't find any method to select a Key Figure Group to create a calculated Key Figure from a Key Figure within that Group.

The Analytics Guide does talk about Data Sources and Key Figures and explains how to do what I want but doesn't explain how Key Figure Groups fit in.

Any help or ideas much appreciated.

Thanks

Derek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hallo!

I have a similar issue. I always end up with problems with key figure groups and restricted key figures.

Is there any documentation on key figure groups?

f. i. how they can be created, how own key figures based on key figures in groups can be created, ...

BR, Roswitha

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Helllo Roswitha,

can you check help center document : Create and Edit a Key Figure

Regards,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hallo Harshal!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I know this document and it doesn't contain any info about key figure groups.

BR, Roswitha

HarshalVakil
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hallo Roswitha,

We do not have a seperate documentation for the Key Figure Group. We recommend that you make use of the Help Center to find help documents which will give you a brief of the important Data Sources associated with revelant topics and also a brief explanation on some Key Figures.

Also CD : 1830749

======

This case document will help you to locate sources which provides an overview of all the Data Sources and Characteristics available for reporting in SAP Business ByDesign.

This information is particularly helpful if you are trying to create custom Data Sources, Report or if you want to find out if it is possible to report on a specific UI Field.

The below documents are available from the SAP BusinessByDesign Community via the Wiki Info Exchange or directly the link: 

https://wiki.sme.sap.com/wiki/display/AMI/Release+Information

In the table Release Information, choose the current release and see the following documents:

- Characteristic Indexes (Documents which inform users in which data sources a characteristic can be found).

- Data Sources Documentation (Documentation of all Data Sources available for reporting).

======

Regards,

Harshal

0 Kudos

Hallo!

Thanks for the info. However, I'm afraid I've to ask again

Can I create my own key figure groups?

Is it possible to use key figures of multiple groups to create my own key figures?

BR, Roswitha

former_member186648
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

How about creating calculated key figure using the basic key figure directly instead of using the key figure from the structure?

Thanks, Pradeep.

0 Kudos

Hallo!

I like the figures from the structures as they are already as I want them

There are several reports that are nearly or even impossible to rebuild and those very often have key figures structures (f. i. in finance like aging lists or fin Statement plan/actual, ...)

I'd like to work with the key figures from those key figure Groups.

BR, Roswitha

henriette_beha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Roswitha,

this is not goint to be the answer you wanted to get....

Predefined Key Figure Groups are only available in SAP delivered standard reports and and get lost when editing/copying/creating a new report. You have to rebuild the key figures you already liked (restriction criterias can be seen in backend) and create new ones based on the basic key figure.

Best regards

Henriette

0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

I'm currently experiencing a similar issue where I want to use the predefined Key Figure Groups in my reporting but am not able to. I have no problem rebuilding them as Henriette suggests. Is there a document or something that says what exactly goes into building the specific key figures? As Roswitha mentioned, these Key Figure Groups have exactly what I need so I would want to rebuild them exactly. It is impossible to rebuild them exactly without knowing how SAP did it originally.

Thank you!

Chaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I had the same question and reached here led by my searches to find a solution. Not repeating the question, but this is exactly what I'm also looking for. Any final words how we could read a KF definition (from a structure/group) to recreate it to build a new calculated/restricted KF based on it?

Thanks,

Mohan