Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Benefits Ehp6 - URL for Benefit Plan and Types

SacCounty_MM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

When using ESS for Benefits on the Java version, there was an entire section of the IMG to add URL links next to either Benefit Plans or Types. We are now exploring the ESS for Benefits on the WDA version and I can't seem to get URL links to show on the Participation Overview service. The help is not that helpful to me and states the following:

===============

Configuring the Plan Name

If you configure an application in the following launchpad with an application or URL alias name “BPLAN”, the plan name displays as a hyperlink in the plan details dialog box.

Role: HRESS_BEN

Instance: NAVIGATION

When an employee clicks the hyperlink name, the configured application or URL displays.

================

I created a URL type in the launchpad with an alias name of "BPLAN" and nothing showed up. Has anyone done this successfully in the new version? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark, I'm having the same issue. As you elude in your post, the documentation wasn't exactly clear here. Did you ever figure this out?

SacCounty_MM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jay,

No, we did not get links to show up on the Participation Overview main screen, but the links will show up once the user clicks on the hyperlink for the actual plan. Our user seem happy with that and don't seem to need to have general links available in this screen.

Mark.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, thanks for the response Mark. Yes, I thought it sounded like a nice feature but more of an optional thing as well.

Just curious - I noticed the Groupings in the Benefit Participation Overview includes a field TXT_URLPL – the label is $OTR:PAOC_ESS_BENEFITS_WDA/PLAN_DOCUMENTS.  Did you ever get that to work? This looks like it should be in the benefit plan hyperlink that the user clicks on. And the functionality sounds similar to your original question.

I tried updating the old Java-based Benefit URL’s, and also tried updating the Launchpad where Role=HRESS_BEN and Instance=NAVIGATION. But no luck yet.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark and Jay,

Any of you were able to solve this problem?

Thanks!

Mark

SacCounty_MM
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Our users are fine without generals links available in that screen so we did not pursue it further.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your reply. I will try to ask my functional to do the same and hopefully our users agree the same.

Thanks!

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

We did not set up Related Links in the Participation Overview. Instead we use the URL's from the Benefit OE IMG steps which are attached to the Plan. I believe this is with field name TXT_URLPL.

But we did set up Related Links in the Benefit Enrollment guided framework, in our version of HRESS_CC_BENF_ENR_GAF. We did this with the toolbar element for related links. I then created a custom instance under role HRESS_BEN. The custom instance references pdf files which we uploaded into the MIME directory via SE80. Then as new plan documents are released every year we'll update the document versions.

Hope this helps. If you have any specific questions on what we did,let me know.

Jay

Answers (0)