Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERROR: Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible. (termination: RABAX_STATE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Above dump is coming when I am trying to uploads a document,

Error Analysis in ST22 Dump:

An exception occurred that is explained in detail below.

The exception, which is assigned to class 'CX_SY_REF_IS_INITIAL', was not  caught in procedure "WDDOMODIFYVIEW" "(METHOD)", nor was it propagated     by a RAISING clause.

AT this point dump is showing.

lo_element->set_attribute( EXPORTING  name = `ENABLE_UPLOAD`  value = abap_false ).   

lo_element->set_attribute( EXPORTING  name = `ENABLE_DELETE`  value = abap_false ).

I also want to add a query that is there need to find a SAP note to solve this issue?

Please give your valuable suggestion to resolve this issue.

Warm Regards,

Rohit Chauhan

8 REPLIES 8

kakshat
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Can you provide more details. How are you trying to upload the document? Is it a custom application that you have created or something standard?

Can you post a screenshot of the dump text?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Akshat,

Please look at below for more details:

Information regarding the component that is used:

The Code where the dump is coming:

Regards,

Rohit

0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

From what you have posted, it appears that this is a standard component and not something that has been developed by you. Correct?

Normally, in the short dump text, the statement leading to the dump is marked with angle brackets ( >>>>>>>). In the snippet you have posted above, I don't see such a marking so I am not sure which statement is actually causing the dump. But, as you would probably know, "Access via NULL object reference" error comes when you try to access an object reference (for e.g wd_assist or lo_element above) which is not bound. Maybe you can backtrack from the statement causing the dump to figure out why the relevant object reference is not bound.

Since this appears to be standard code, you should search for SAP Notes. It is possible that this is a bug in the standard for which there is some Note available. Did you already try searching for some Notes?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akshat,

You are right the dump have the angle brackets(>>>),at the line where the dump occurred.This is the standard component which i am using for uploading.

Above dump is coming at this line of code:

lo_element->set_attribute( EXPORTING  name =  `ENABLE_UPLOAD`  value = abap_false ).

Do you have any idea or suggestion which sap notes i have to use?Please suggest.

Rohit

0 Kudos

Can you do one thing? Can you send me the call stack when you reach that problem statement? Just set a breakpoint at the that statement, try uploading a document and when the debugger stops there, take a screenshot of the call stack.

0 Kudos

Check Note 1434349. In my system, I see a statement marked with this Note number which assigns the object reference lo_element (which is the object reference that seems to be causing the dump in your case).

0 Kudos

You can also try debugging that method to get to know the issue... with th code it seems that there are some attributes which is missing and it is giving a null reference and giving dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

Is it a Web dynpro interface where you are trying to upload the document ? However some times you dont have provided references may be the issue, but  If you are sure that you code is ok, then

please go through below SAP Notes: 1318988 & 1319829.

Thanks,

Tooshar Bendale