cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Load File C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm Using VS 2012 with CR for VS SP5 (2012) on my Development Machine with Win 7 64 Bit with MS Access ADO .Net Connection to Access 2007 DB File

Development and all is working fine and had also installed 64 bit CR on my Machine

On Executing the Application the following Err. is occuring

System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled

HResult=-2147024894

Message=Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Source=mscorlib

FileName=file:///C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll

FusionLog==== Pre-bind state information ===

LOG: User = SGAI\Amit

LOG: Where-ref bind. Location = C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet1\crdb_adoplus.dll

LOG: Appbase =******************************************

LOG: Initial PrivatePath = NULL

Calling assembly : (Unknown).

===

LOG: This bind starts in LoadFrom load context.

WRN: Native image will not be probed in LoadFrom context. Native image will only be probed in default load context, like with Assembly.Load().

LOG: No application configuration file found.

LOG: Using host configuration file:

LOG: Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config.

LOG: Attempting download of new URL file:///C:/Program Files (x86)/SAP BusinessObjects/Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0/Common/SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0/win64_x64/dotnet1/crdb_adoplus.dll.

StackTrace:

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile)

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.DataSetConversion.DataSetConverter.DataSetProcessingDelegate(IntPtr arg)

InnerException:

For Conferming That 64bit CR is installed properly I just created a simple app with CR Viewer and an Blank CR which is working fine.

Please Help

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

How did you deploy the 64 bit CR runtime?

Did you look to see if the dll is installed? It should be in the following directory:

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

- Ludek

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Share Your Knowledge in SCN Topic Spaces

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have downloaded & installed CR from following link on my development machine

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5

After compling the project everything goes well till the CR is loaded in CRV and at that time said err. occures

Also I have checked for the dll at said loacation and it does not exists there, not only dll but the said folder dotnet1 also does not exists

Message was edited by: Amit Saraf The Said File crdb_adoplus.dll exists in C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amit

You mention:

have downloaded & installed CR from following link on my development machine 

SAP Crystal Reports, developer version for Microsoft Visual Studio SP5

but there is no link.

I want you to confirm that you downloaded and ran the file CRforVS2010_13_0_5.exe from this link:

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

If yo have not, uninstall what ever you installed, then download the above file and install.

- Ludek

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ya the same link

http://downloads.businessobjects.com/akdlm/cr4vs2010/CRforVS_13_0_5.exe

I forgot to copy paste the URL and just coppied the text

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

File crdb_adoplus.dll

is in

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64

and Not in

C:\Program Files (x86)\SAP BusinessObjects\Crystal Reports for .NET Framework 4.0\Common\SAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0\win64_x64\dotnet1

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

If you had searched first you would have found a lot of discussions about this message.

Please add this to your app.config file for your project. If you don't have the file create one and make sure you include it in you deployment package:

<startup useLegacyV2RuntimeActivationPolicy="true">

<supportedRuntime version="v4.0" sku=".NETFramework,Version=v4.0"/>

</startup>

Also, CR now only supports ODBC to Access tables, there was an issue where MS did not ship a 64 bit native DAO client dll so we only could support ODBC. I believe MS now supports 64 native DAO to Access in WDAC but CR doesn't. Convert your reports to use ODBC as the data source and create a System DSN to your access table.

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Amit, I am at a loss to explain this. The screenshot below is of my computer. The dll is where it is supposed to be and I have SP5...

I don't even have dotnet1 folder...

- Ludek

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok Now CR is Loading properly

Now the Err. is

An attempt has been made to free an RCW that is in use This is occuring only when the form with CR viewer is being loaded or Shown

Also, CR now only supports ODBC to Access tables, there was an issue where MS did not ship a 64 bit native DAO client dll so we only could support ODBC. I believe MS now supports 64 native DAO to Access in WDAC but CR doesn't. Convert your reports to use ODBC as the data source and create a System DSN to your access table.

My application is Loading Data using DataSet. I dont know how to use ODBC and in case i have to do so then I will have to rewrite all reports (app 35 reports)

any help on it

0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Great, not a problem then if using a DS. More of an FYI.

How have you declared and defined RCW?

To view it should be simply a 1 or 2 line routine.

Maybe easier if you create a new test app, Open a report without any data, just a "Hello World" text box in the report header and see what happens.

Something like this:

// Engine to load the report

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument rpt = new CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument();

//RAS is modifying the report

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISCDReportClientDocument rptClientDoc;

rpt.Load(rptName.ToString(), OpenReportMethod.OpenReportByTempCopy);

//now set the report object to the viewer source and run the app.

crystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = rpt;

Still get the same error?

Don

ansaraf
Explorer
0 Kudos

It seems that there is problem with CR Viewer in 64bit enviorment since when i convert my application for 32 bit only everything works fine

May be SAP has to check 64bit CR once more if any one else also has the same problem viewing CR report on 64 bit application

Amit Saraf

0 Kudos

Quick test, create a 32 and 64 bit DSN to your Access table, create a new report using the 32 bit DSN and save the report. Now run your app in 64 bit mode and set lcoation to the 64 DSN.

Does that work?

Use Process Monitor to verify the DSN is using the correct versions.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, newbie in vb programming. I also have this error. I instaled all the recommended above. Please help

Thank you,

Tzzontzi

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the name of the file you ran to install CR on the dev computer? What is the link to the file?

See if Process Monitor tells you what's happening when the app tries to load the dll.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends

I am developing a desktop application using VB.NET and Microsoft Access Database.

In my App.config file i write the following code.

</startup>

"

I follow the below link and i have resolved my issue.

http://www.codeproject.com/Questions/631537/Could-not-load-file-or-assembly-file-C-Program-Fil

May be it helps you.

Thanks and regards

Hasnain Ahmad

jorge_rocha
Participant
0 Kudos

Try em app.config

<configuration>

</startup>