Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP HR/HCM or SAP ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Its pleasure to connect with you all.

I am a recruitment consultant having 4.5 yrs of experience in purely Technical Hiring . I am a B.Tech graduate in I.T.

I am interested in learning SAP. Can anyone let me know what module i should use having a recruiter background SAP HR or SAP HCM or SAP HRABAP?

Kindly let me know as i want to start my career in SAP.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First you should read ebook HR050_HumanResources. There are a lot of basic topics in SAP HCM.

Second you can refer some important ebooks in HCM: https://training.sap.com/ch/en/course/hr050-hcm-business-processes-in-human-capital-mangement-classr...

Finally involving recruitment , you can refer useful link Complete Recruitment Process

Hope it helps!

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Woody,

Thanks for the reply. I am in process of reading certain tutorials and thanks for the added information.

I am planning to go for a training in SAP. I wanted to know which module will be best for me in which recruitment experience will be added as a domain experience . I don't want to waste my 4.5 yrs of experience.

Thanks

Meenu

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu!

As I know these are following sub-modules in HR

1. Organizational Management

2. Personnel Administration

3. Recruitment

4. Time Management

5. Payroll

6. Compensation Management

7. Personnel Cost Planning

8. Budget Management

9. Personnel Development

10. Training & Event Management

11. Travel Management

12. Benefits

So Recruitment is only 1 sub-module in SAP HR. It's cannot split anymore You should look at link in previous my entry to understand the process recruitment in SAP HCM and try to map with your current experience I think it's different because SAP based on actual process and built into SAP HCM system.

Btw you can find useful T-code in SAP menu

Human Resources -> Personnel Management  -> Recruitment

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

So the preferable module to go for will be SAP-HCM rather than SAP HR-ABAP.

Is there any difference between SAP-HR and SAP-HCM?

Thanks

Meenu

seg_hr_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP HCM functional consultant or SAP HCM ABAP consultant is up to you You can choose what best do you like in SAP HCM.

Nope, SAP HCM and SAP HR is only 1, it's one of the most important and biggest modules in SAP to control and manage Human Resource

Regards!

Woody

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok Got it. You mean to say that SAP ABAP is a technical consultant and SAP HCM will only be a functional consultant.

So can a person from recruiter profile can go for SAP HCM ABAP or it can only be functional one.

Thanks

Meenu Arora

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

hemachandu
Explorer
0 Kudos
ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am pretty sure in the 10 years since they posted this, they figured it out.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Can anyone please send me the document on SAP HR ABAP  in detail ..as i want to learn completely.

Thank u.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meenu,

Since you are from a I.T background, its more advisable that you can go for ABAP, later you  can switch to HCM. Since ABAP is common which is linked to all modules.By the Way HR is called as Human Capital Management (HCM) in SAP. Wish you good luck!!

Regards,

V.Surendhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surendhar,

Thanks for the advice. So SAP ABAP is technical side in HR Module.

Just needed to be sure.

Thanks

Meenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Meenu,

Yes,SAP ABAP is pure technical and SAP HCM is Functional.Once you are done with ABAP,then you can go for HCM. You will  become a techno-functional Consultant.

Regards,

Surendhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Surendhar,

Is it possible to go directly into SAP ABAP after recruiter profile ? Will the recruitment experience be added as a domain experience ?

Someone told me since you are from recruitment background so you should go for Functional Consultant.

Thanks

Meenu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenu,

Yes,definitely, it is an added advantage.It will be counted as domain experience.You can go directly into functional also but the best way is to learn ABAP and then you can go for functional side, since you are from I.T background.It may be helpful to you when  you enter the functional side.Kindly, mail me if require any other details.

Regards,

V.Surendhar

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Surendhar,

I don't have technical educational degree such as BE/B.Tech, I am also currently working as a IT Recruiter. My highest qualification is MBA (Marketing & HR), BBA (H).

Can I start SAP ABAP course?

Thanks,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arindam,

As you are a MBA Graduate and you have Business Knowledge of HR, I would suggest to start SAP career in SAP HCM rather SAP ABAP.

Thanks,

Ketul

arindamsur
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ketul,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Can you please tell me little about CRM, HANA & ABAP?

Is it not suitable for Marketing & HR background student?

P.S. I don't have BE/BTECH degree.

Thanks,

Arindam