cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error "BusinessObjects_CMS" Auditing. A value is too large for a database column

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All!

Here the configuration:

Windows 2008 R2 SP1 (2CPU 16GB RAM)

MS SQL 2008R2 Express Edition (Engine 10.0.5788) with 2 database (BO and audit) and collation SQL_Latin1_General_CP850_BIN2

SAP BusinessObjects BI 4.0 SP4

We're actually face to a recurrent warning in Windows Event viewer.

SOURCE: BusinessObjects_CMS

EventID: 50255

Task Category: Auditing

The value /<folder1>/<folder2>/<folder3>/<NAME> - Operation - Customer Service - Held Job Report v0.2.3/ is too large for the audit database column Object_Folder_Path

And this errors:

SOUCE: BusinessObjects_CMS

EventID: 33300 and 33301

Task Category: Database

Erreur d'accès à la base de données. Cause [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 58) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction..

Retryable error returned from CMS database. Will retry the request 6 time(s).

We've detect that the path was to long (>255). In BI, this report has been deleted but BI seems to have a cache which continue to try to write in this column.

We've tried to modify this limit to 500 in Audit Database (mssql) but the error still affect the server.

The problem is that this request seems to lock the database and block when the CMS restart (can't open database due to deadlock):

Erreur d'accès à la base de données. Cause [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 63) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction..

and in CMS trace logs:

ERROR:|Database deadlock encountered.  Ensure database is correctly tuned and that data statistics are up to date.

.\osca_i_impl.cpp:621:-: TraceLog message 8578

but "auto Update statistics" is on true on the audit database

On web, i found only this link with the same problem http://www.tek-tips.com/viewthread.cfm?qid=1307508

but no help.

Thank you by advance for your help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

(I am not anymore on Eric Richard account but I work with a dedicated account now,)

We're unable for the moment to upgrade the server on SP05. (production server)

I try the note 1640918 but the problem still affect the server.

Always the error: Erreur d'accès à la base de données. Cause [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Transaction (Process ID 60) was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.. Retryable error returned from CMS database. Will retry the request 6 time(s).

joined to this discussion, there is a monitoring page which is show queue on audit event.

I don't know how to purge this... an idea?

Regards,

Pierre

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pierre,

Seems this is a Windows event viewer Windows Application log.

You can backup the log as below.

Then you can clear these logs.

Later on if you want to reference the archived log files then you can open it using event viewer Snapin launcher.

Regards,

Mani

former_member202789
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

The error message "was deadlocked on lock resources with another process and has been chosen as the deadlock victim. Rerun the transaction.." in BI 4.0 SP4 comes because of following reasons:

1: It is a known issue in SP04 and it may also come if you do a Schedule crawling of Platform search, although it would be low.

This is fixed in SP05.

Check SAP Article #1774201 - CMS SQL Serverdatabase Deadlocks in event viewer to resolve the same.

2: If you have configured Platform Search Service in more then one APS.

Check SAP note: 1699951 - Transaction deadlock messages in the Event Viewer when using MS SQL as the database in SAP... to resolve the same.

3: If Platform Search Service is indexing the database and many jobs are present and waiting in its queue to be written to DB.

Check SAP Article #1640918 - Getting frequent deadlocks in CMS DB pointing to MS SQL server in BI 4.0 to resolve the same.

Regards,

Animesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, I 'm going to check that notes and reply soon.

Regards,

former_member182521
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

It is clearly evident that the issue related to Audit database entry made by the CMS.

Can we refer here.

SAP Note : 1716064 - Error: "String too long for column when recording operation in transaction log" in the Windows Application log when viewing Web Intelligence document

SAP Note : 1737862 - 1737862 - BOE120SQLAW service is down after applying SP05 BOE & Edge

Regards,

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

The SAP note 1716064 and seems to apply to :

BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 3.1 or Edge XI 3.1 SP5 full build with SYBASE SQL Anywhere.

and SAP note 1737862 and apply only on  SYBASE SQL Anywhere.

In our case, the tables are named "ADS_EVENT and ADS_EVENT_DETAIL and are in Miscrosoft SQL server. The column is 'Object_Folder_Path'

It seems there is a correlation with:

Auditing Metrics
Current Number of Auditing Events in the Queue200116

We would like to purge this queue cause we suppose that the value continue trying to write on the base.

Regards,