Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon System xxx failed (Connection to System "xxx" is currently not avaliable)

former_member182421
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi!

I can't connect to my CRM system, I have checked all the steps and the system requeriments and everything looks fine...I don't know where else to look, of course I'm able to log on with SAP GUI 🙂

System info:

SAP_BASIS  - 731 - 0005 - SAPKB73105

Kernel Release: 720

ABAP Development Tools for SAP Netweaver Release:  2.0

Eclipse SDK: Version: 4.2.1 - Build id: M20120914-1800

Any clue?

Thanks!

Luis

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I had received the same error message when I first tried to connect to my development system. It turned out that I had to create another entry for my dev system in SAP logon with exactly the same settings except for the "Connection Type" -- this one had to be "Custom Application Server" instead of "Group/Server Selection".

AFAIK you can tell in the SAP logon list whether it's a custom application server by the little symbol of a man next to the server symbol.

HTH,

Kaspar

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I had received the same error message when I first tried to connect to my development system. It turned out that I had to create another entry for my dev system in SAP logon with exactly the same settings except for the "Connection Type" -- this one had to be "Custom Application Server" instead of "Group/Server Selection".

AFAIK you can tell in the SAP logon list whether it's a custom application server by the little symbol of a man next to the server symbol.

HTH,

Kaspar

0 Kudos

Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for the reply, I changed the current entry for "custom application server" and I created a new one directly chosing "custom application server" and in both cases when I save and look at the entry again, the system stores "Group/server selection".

I'm using SAP GUI 7.30.

Any other idea?

Thanks!

Luis

0 Kudos

Hello Luis,

I am using SAP GUI 7.30 as well. Maybe you can try editing directly your saplogon.ini. Check out your environment variables, one of them (SAPLOGON_INI_FILE or something like that) should point to your saplogon.ini. In it, look for the entry of your dev system and check out the configuration section "[Origin]" for it (see http://www.saptechies.com/saplogonini-file-format/). Try changing it, save your modified saplogon.ini and then restart your SAP GUI (but make sure you start up directly the .exe file and not some .bat file which might copy a central saplogon.ini, overwriting yours).

Cheers,

Kaspar

0 Kudos

Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for your input, from the last time you reply, I didn't try, and guess what? I try it today and it work!  without doing a single thing...very very very strange... I guess was something wrong with the network...or who knows....

Thanks anyway!

Luis

0 Kudos

Hello Luis, I'm glad to hear that it's working now. Enjoy!