cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legal hold without SAP ILM

0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure out how can we put a legal hold on data that has been archived without using ILM, We currently do not have SAP ILM. Is there a way to find the archive files that would contain the data that needs to be put on a legal hold?

Any ideas on this topic will be highly appreciated.

A little more about the archive setup to provide better context:
Archive files are stored in a NAS filesystem managed by the IBM CommonStore. Archive process usually is --> WRITE->STORE->DELETE.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please try some transaction codes to access the archived sessions.

SARA tcode and its management tab will give you object wise details.

Also, you can try transaction AS_AFB for viewing all the archiving sessions across the objects.

Regards,

Yogesh Soman.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand from your question that your only intention is to manually find the archive files corresponding to certain documents.

If you already know the documents (for which the archive file) that needs to be protected, then build an infostructure (or if you have already built) and then use the ZARIX* tables to find the archive files corresponding to the documents.

Hope this helps,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mangesh,

I am sorry to say that I do not believe there is way to put a legal hold on archived data (or data still in the database) without the SAP NetWeaver ILM Solution plus the right storage solution.  You will need to manually determine (based on the User Input for the archive run)  which archive files contain the relevant data and then make sure those files are not deleted in an end-of-life or data destruction process.

Best Regards,

Karin Tillotson