cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NW Portal 731 Installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am tryting to install SAP NW EP 731 on MS SQL Server 2008 on Windows 2008 R2 server.

I am try with a standard installation option for Primry Application Server as Central intance and DB also installed on same system.

The installation was throwing an error at 'Import Java Dumps' section.

Below is the error message from installation logs..

=======================================================================

Jload R 7.12 V 0 A 0

Jload -sec T99,jdbc/pool/T99,\\ESNCSC/sapmnt/T99/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.properties,\\ESNCSC/sapmnt/T99/SYS/global/security/data/SecStore.key -dataDir D:\P48 Media\SAP NW Java 731\51043228\DATA_UNITS\JAVA_EXPORT_JDMP_BPM -job C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\IMPORT.XML -log jload.log

Connecting to database

Couldn't connect to DB

com.sap.inst.common.exception.DBConnectionException: com.sap.sql.log.OpenSQLException: Exception of type com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException caught: The port number error_con is not valid..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file \info.logs.template

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\DeployInfo.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\export_time.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\import_time.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\UndeploymentResultsFirst.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\DeploymentResults.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\DeploymentResults_1.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\UndeploymentResultsSecond.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file undefined\JspmAnalysis.html

*_LOGS macro: Cannot find logs template file C:\Program Files\sapinst_instdir\NW731\MSS\INSTALL\NW731\MSS\STD\CEScanInboxResult.html

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

========================================================================

I thought any port issue when trying to connect the DB and I disabled the firewall completely and given a try, but no luck.

Could any one get any help me in resolving th issue,

Thanks in advance..

Visweswar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I also encountered the same error when installing NW 7.4 on Windows 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 SP3. I looked at the following notes to resolve the issue:

942766-  Jload troubleshooting

1788188 - Couldn't connect to DB during java install

Resolve was found in note: 1788188 - Couldn't connect to DB during java install

"In addition, the issue described in this note has been observed when SAPinst is

started with <sapsid>adm user, which is not supported."

I uninstalled NW 7.4, created a local account, made it a local administrator, added it to SQL and gave it sysadmin permission.

Logged into the server using the new account and was able to complete the installation of NW 7.4 error free.

Hope this helps anyone who is facing similar issue.

former_member220077
Participant
0 Kudos

For anybody else running into this issue:

I ran into the same issue, you need to clean up SQL SERVER, delete all ids for that instance, and DB, schema, schema ids, etc.  Make sure It's all cleaned up in SQL Server.   Also make sure you run the install with an admin id not the sidadm id.   Change the start of SQL Sever to local, not SAPServiceSID,  You will to go in and re-add the security after it gets to the java load part, it will fail on import with unable to create the tables.

I have successfully used this on multiple systems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Visweswara,

I am also running into this error "The port number error_con is not valid" while doing a J2EE system copy/import.   Were you able to resolve it?

Kind regards,

Rex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you solve this issue? Iam having the same error during import java dump phase opened a message with SAP and waiting to hear back.

Iqbal

Former Member
0 Kudos

We ended up starting the install from scratch after rebuilding the server. We did not come across this error during the second round of the install and we used the same set of SAP install files. We could not get to the root cause of the issue/error we received during the first run of the install.

Madur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check Note 1788188 - Couldn't connect to DB during java install. Hope it helps you to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Roman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Roman, But I have already tried this Note before and no luck.. Still the problem exists with same error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also receiving a similar error during the Java install. Were you able to resolve your error and what was the resolution? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.