cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements for using SAP Cloud Apps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there..

I'm planing to develop an app for the SAP Cloud.

So I searched for the information, which requirements the end-user of the SAP Cloud App needs - but I didn't find some good answers.

He only need a SAP Account? Or what else?

Thanks for some help..

Andi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OliverGoetz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andi,

in general, it should not become necessary for an app user to get an SCN account.

How the app implementation handles identity management is basically up to the app developer. You could have apps which are open to use for everyone with internet access if it omits any authentication altogether.

But more likely is that you will want to have some sort of user authentication. Unless your app targets the users of SCN, you will probably want to use another identity provider for this. In the case of a company which wants to provide access to an app for their employees this would ideally be an existing identity provider where these users are already managed. Check out the SAP NetWeaver Cloud Security Tutorial Series on SSO and Identity Federation by Martin Raepple for more information.

Also, you might want to check out Chris Paine's blog post about Using OAuth as an alternate user authentication strategy for SAP NetWeaver Cloud.

Best regards,

Oliver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

But I only want to know what kind of requirements the app-using enterprise need to use an SAP Cloud App..

The company has to have something like a "cloud-account" - for using thoses SAP Cloud Apps?

Or the only thing they have to pay is the cost of the SAP Cloud App, which is defined in the app store?

Thanks for more information

Andi

tbieser
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

To be able to sell your application you need to pass a certification, the technical requirements are documented here: https://www.sapcloudappspartnercenter.com/documents/SAPNWCLOUDCERTQUEST.doc

Basically it boils down to show that the app is using supported technology, runs on SAP NetWeaver Cloud, uses SAP NetWeaver Cloud technology properly and can be supported.

As soon the app is certified it can be advertised in the SAP Store. As of today, purchasers of your app need to become SAP NetWeaver Cloud customers to get resources that they need to run your app. SAP NetWeaver Cloud then will make sure that each of your customers gets apps purchased via the SAP Store provisioned in this account, so that your customer can manage the app.

I hope this helped,

Thomas.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Andreas,

you can look at this great video that Mathias prepared few weeks ago:

http://scn.sap.com/community/developer-center/cloud-platform/blog/2012/07/11/video-getting-started

Inside he describe in details each step from zero to cloud in 5 minutes 😉

Best regards,

Dobri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Dobromir,

thanks for your last replay. I already watched this video 😉

But I mean the "How To" for the User/Company which want to use employed app, after it is published in the SAP Store?!

Thanks for more help..

Andreas

former_member185231
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I am really not in to this topic.

I hope someone from Sap Store team to reply here.

Best Regards,

Dobri