cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production order number range for finished and semi-finished

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a standard number range for production orders like 1000000 to 1999999.

I create a production order for finished products, which contains a semi-finished product in its BOM.

If a planned order is created for this semi finished product, do I have any chance when I convert it into a production order, that this one has a number range with a "link" with the pegged requirement, means the finished production order.

Example:

Finished prod order: 1000123

Semi finished prod order: 1000123/A

Or is there another way to easily make the link between different productions, which is a help for people on the production floor?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Olivia,

In standard SAP the link between the assembly and sub-assembly production orders can be traced

only through collective order concept.In this case Within a collective order stock movements only

take place for the leading order (that is, the order that is at the highest production level) and not for

directly produced components.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_06/helpdata/en/b1/c0500c439a11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm?framese...

So the above link will help you to understand the concept more.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Cathy,

I would suggest not to go for such a number range logic. If you are working in pure MTS scenario, such linking may not be required. A semi-finished material once produced will not necessarily be issued to the superior order.

If you still want to link the orders, you can go for 'collective orders' (special procurement -> Direct production).In this case, the sub-ordinate and superior orders have a fixed link. It has some constraints though.

• It does not take into account stock in planning
  • Intermediate stock is received and immediately consumed against superior order upon confirmation of sub-ordinate order. So there is no intermediate stock visibility.

Regards,

Nitin Kurhade