Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add-on SBOScript: cannot start Addon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Greetings!

I have recently upgraded my SBO system from 2007A version to the latest version of 8.82 PL10 and whenever I log in, a system message always pop-out "Add-on SBOScript: cannot start Addon". There is nothing wrong with my add-on, and I'm using all my add-on same as in 2007A version. There is no error during the upgrade, no error in the installation of the upgraded add-ons. SAP Add-on License is already ticked in the Administration > License > License Administration.

I can't find any related topics regarding this issue as of this writing so if any you expert out there can give me any idea how to remove this system message, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paolo C. Alcantara

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've seen this happen with two of our clients test systems, one on 9.0 PL04 and another on 8.82 PL11. Both were recently upgraded and this error would only pop up on certain databases for certain users. I spent a bit of time researching it, but the only mention of it I found was this thread. We traced the problem to the SARI table in SBO-COMMON and think it may be an incorrectly uninstalled part of the installation or upgrade process.

Since these were on test servers I manually removed the entry, which solves the error message popping up and, as far as we can tell, hasn't negatively affected the rest of the system.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I had also removed the entry from the SARI table and have not had any issues since then.

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Thomas and also Rob!

Cheers!

HUM
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello to all,

i have the same error after upgrading a customer database from 8.81 to Version 9.0 PL04.

Has someone get some informations from SAP Support. I only find a note concerning an bug on 8.82 PL09 that this should be solved with 8.82 PL10.

But in my case this seems not been solved.

Kind regards

Michael Hubenschmid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo

I get the same error after upgrading to 8.82 PL11.

I tried the support cross search and that suggests that this message has something to do with SBO On Demand but I have not managed to get any more detail at this stage.

There must be a setting somewhere that needs to be unset.

The addons also seem to be behaving themselves.

Look forward to any further information you get.

Regards

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

There may be a bug in the system.  This may or may not be the same error that I received.  See SAP B1 note 1780292.  I received the error message "Error while connecting to service.  SBOScript will be terminated".  Paola...like yourself, the error is happening on a database that was upgraded from 2007A.  I have other databases but the error does not occur.  My error only occurs when I logon to the database.  When I click "Continue without add-on", everything is okay.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Larry.

In my case case, even without any add-on running from the start. The error " add-on SBOScript: cannot start Addon" pops out.

For your advise.

Regards,

Paolo