cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC Search Roles failure on Initial Load

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I'm setting up IdM7.2SP6 to talk to GRC 10.  Finally got the web services set up and talking and most of the jobs came through fine.  However, I'm getting the following error reading roles from GRC through the GRC 10 Initial Load.

fromDSA.doSearch got exception, returning false

javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 1 - (GRC Search Roles:1:msgcode=4;msgdescription=Invalid input or no data present for the given input;msgtype=ERROR)]; remaining name ''

I haven't done any modifications to the job - straight out of the box.

I've been assured that there are roles to find (I don't actually have GRC access).

A trace on the GRC server for the connecting user revealed no errors and authorisations are good.

Has anyone seen this one before?

Thanks

Peter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

After investigation, issue was related to GRC was missing some configuration.

Following are few tips for intvestigation:

- SOAMANAGER to check Authentication/Binding/Testing

- SE80 to check for services GRAC*

- URT_UTIL to trace and see if anything failing

One thing that helped me to understand was FM behind GRAC_SEARCH_ROLES_WS service which was GRAC_IDM_ROLE_SEARCH_SERVICES. This was not returing any data, this pointed to GRC config part which was not configured.

Regards,

Kinjar

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We faced this issue recently and finally the reason why IDM was unable to search for the roles in GRC was that the provisioning was not set to "yes" on the role definitions in GRC.

Regards,

Subbu

clotilde_martinez
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

I'm having the same issue with IDM 7.2 sp9 and GRC 10. I checked the sapnote and we already have the fix in place, did you manage to make it work in the end and did you find what was the problem?

Thanks a lot,

Clotilde

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter, Clotide,

Any luck solving issue?

I am facing similar issue while integrating. I am on SAP IDM 7.2 SP9 and GRC AC 10.

I am using GRC 10.0 Provisioning Framework Version 2.

I also have Sandbox which is on SAP IDM 7.2 SP8 and it is working fine with integration.

I raised SAP message and waiting for reply.

Regards,

Kinjar

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Clotide, Kinjar,

Please use the SOAManager on GRC side, switch on the trace, try to read the roles and check for the trace in SOAManager. Usually you just do not get all error information in VDS/IdM.

The error message there is usually much more accurate.

Thanks

Norman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Norman,

I switched on Performance Trace, Functional Trace, Payload Trace in SRT_UTIL and all of them have no errors.

I tried to look into other traces SM21, ST22 etc but no information either.

Regards,

Kinjar

normann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Kinjar,

You get some information from operations log in VDS?

Cheers

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

In some cases this has been caused bu the GRC side handling the search request. Ensure to have the latest GRC fixes in place including note http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1776100 .

Thanks,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Chris

Unfortunately - The requested SAP Note is either in reworking or is released internally only...

Can you let me know the best way to get my hands on it?

Thanks

Peter

ChrisPS
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

the note is not on general release which is why it is not available. Please open a ticke on service marketplace so that support can assist.

Thanks,

Chris

former_member2987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Peter,

How are you doing the initial load?  Are you running the commons load before the centralized or distributed load? Have you checked the GRC repository?

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt

The repository seems fine - I'm getting data from other 'Get' jobs - role actions and applications are coming in fine.  The 'Get Roles' is the only one giving me any problems.

I'm running the common loads first - haven't got to the centralised load yet.

Peter