Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Claim Management Process

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I have to implement Simple Claim Management in Project System. I am not that clear about thre process in the SAP for Claim Management. I require your expert advice on this matter.

Created External Claim in CLM1

Assignment Tab - I entered the WBS as well as Service Order No against which the Claim is raised to the Vendor.

Cost Tab - i Entered the Estimated value and then i entered the same value in the accepted field.

Task Tab - I didnt entered anything

I saved the transaction and generated thei Notification No,

Now i go to CLM2 and Try to Press "Flag" button to put in Process, it shows the status as Approval Required. Then Pressed the button for "Give Approval" and Save the Transaction

This Claim Cost is not displayed any of the PS reports "S_ALR_87013558" though the cost is appeared correctly in the CLM10, CLM11.

When i try to do the settlement its not appearing there as well. Also how does the amount for claim is received in Finance against that Vendor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I think you have misunderstood the concept of "Claims" in SAP PS.

Based on the report that you mentioned, S_ALR_87013558, I can see that you are looking for Actual Costs from the Claim itself, where in actual fact, the Claim will not be posting any actual costs.

Even in the SAP library, it is mentioned that Claim is only used to document variances from your project plan.

So, the process from creation of Claim until the status is changed to "Incorporated", will only transfer the value of your claim to your project's plan cost. (the version will depend on your version settings)

The actual posting itself must come from FI, then you will be able to settle the actual costs.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Ja'far Sukor

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ja'far,

Thanks for your revert.

I have raised a notification and currently my system status is

NOCO Notification completed

Cstd Costed

APOK Approval: OK

I will appreciate if u can also let me know how does the FI posting will happen against the WBS for the related Notification No, so that i can ask my FI consultant to do the same and also let me know how will the status be changed to "Incorporated".

sanjeevc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

fb50 use this t-code for FI posting.

Regards,

sanjeev

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

I asked the FI consultant to do the FI Posting from FB50, he was confused on how to do the FI Posting from Expense G/L (used while creating a cost Estimate in Claim) to WBS element. Its asking for a G/L for WBS which is not exist.

Correct me if i am wrong,.. We will FI Posting for Claims from Expense G/L to the subsequent WBS and once the cost is incurred on the WBS we will run the Settlement for settling the cost to AUC.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Yes, you're right.

You need to do an FI posting, using the same Expense G/L, against the WBS element that you have entered in the Claim. The credit will be against the vendor.

Make sure the Cost Element exist in G/L Account.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

MohanDesai
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

Go through this document first which may help you in understanding the process first.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/a9/8c4538e0876b5be10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards,

MRD

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Thanks for your revert

I have already gone through the document and based on that i have created the Claim, which i stated earlier.

I am not clear about the Business Process for Claims like claims are assigned to WBS but the cost is not reflecting for that claim in the WBS, then how do we receive the payment against that claim from the vendor, how is the claim settled in the Investment Project etc

I appreciate your detail inputs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you set up Controlling area scenarios for your claims, if not please ask your CO team to set up "settings for claims" step in SPRO under Claims.

After that you would be able to view the costs in reports.

Regards,

Sudhakar

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have done the Controlling Area Scenario. I have set up the controlling area scenario with the settlement profile for setlling the cost at WBS element. Then i have assgned the Controlling Area Scenario to the Notification Typr as C2 (External).

I am able to see the Cost in the CLM10 and CLM11 but not in a PS standard report.

Please let me know if i am missing something..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you change the Assignment of Controlling Scenario for Notification Type section as below

Notification type - '*'

Co Scenario - Whatever you have created

Notification type C2 (is that only) type are you going to create?. When you use '*" it will automatically applies to all the notifications types you set up in the system.

Cost Tab - i Entered the Estimated value and then i entered the same value in the accepted field.

you have to enter the Cost element also here. This is the element being carrying the cost

The way we set up let me brief you so that you will get an idea and cross check your system.

How you are setting up you claims can you please brief here.

Thanks,

Sudhakar

former_member613562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhakar,

Thanks for providing insight for the situation,

A brief discription: - I raised Service PR from the service activity alligned to the WBS to the Vendor with line item services. The Services provided by the Vendor is not upto the mark, therefore we wanted to raise a claim to the particular vendor against the Service Order (which is created against via Service activty in the project).

I did the changes as suggested by you, I derived the Estimated cost through Unit costing where i entered the Primary Cost Element. Post that i entered the value of Estimated cost to Required cost and the Accepted Cost. Post that System satus is changed to

NOCO Notification completed

Cstd Costed

APOK Approval: OK

I appreciate if you can guide me further on this regards

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Simon,

I missed to check what cost you are looking in project report. As Jafar pointed out rightly it is only Planned costs and not the actual costs.

You have to categorize the notifications into broadly Customer, Internal and Vendor. Whatever the cost you created thr claim did you see it in S_ALR_87013542 in Planned colum only and not in actual column. Further more can see those planned costs in CN41N report under the referenced WBS element (the WBS element maintained in claims) in planned column only.

When you have payment posted using cost element against this order (claims also kind of orders) agains the same cost element then you will see the actaul costs coming onto this CE and order.

Please note that claims used for increasing the planned costs as per SAP.

Thanks,

Sudhakar