cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP5 - Orgchart - Embedded Org Chart in MSS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We are about to upgrade from Ehp4 to EhP5 and we are analyzing features delivered by EhP5 to include in our SAP Portal 7.0.

The orgchart is a fancy feature that we would like to include but only for display mode for everyone ESS and MSS (we don't want to use this functionality for MSS processes).

Is that possible to include this functionality as read only so employees can see their organizational structure? Any hints?

I also read the following note from an SAP presentation:

The embedded Org Chart view has been developed in cooperation with Nakisa.

The usage of this component (technical name EMBEDDED_ORGCHART 605)

is free of charge for MSS Customers

I guess there is no need to install any other feature (it is included on EHP5 installation). Is that so?

Many thanks in advance.

Best Regards,
AS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

install

Chart add-on “EMBORGCH” and MSS add_on “EA-HR_MSS”. note 1433225  1485853

In SICF, performe  a 'Test Service' of 'HIER_VIS_DEMO'

refer here

http://scn.sap.com/community/erp/hcm/blog/2012/04/24/mss-embedded-org-chart-visualization-free-ehp5-...

Typically its intended for MSS users only, for org chart visualisation, we already have org chart for employees which is display only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

We are implementing ESS/MSS, one of the funcationality is the Nakisa embedded org chart.It looks nice except that we don't seem to be able to adjust the org unit box i.e. to auto fit or make it slightly wider so employee name and position titles don't cut off. We also tried to hide the label fields as it is really quite office employee name, position and location.. it did hide the lable names but the space remain unchanged, i.e. employee related details are still cut off even tho labels are no longer shown.. I wonder if any other clients experienced the same challenge? Or is there a way to fix this issue without complicated customisations? =))

Any advice is most appreciated!! Thank you in advance!

Vera

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

typically you can check the customization and size from here Organizational Chart Visualization IMG activity (Personnel Management >Manager Self-Service (Web Dynpro ABAP) > Organizational Chart Visualization > Configure Organizational Chart Visualization however a manager can increase the size of the chart using the symbols in the org chart, he can enlarge it

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member194099
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

The org visualization component provides a action menu for every object displayed. Using this menu applications can be launched for that object. So by "read only org chart" do you mean this action menu not be displayed?

If that is the case through the configuration in view cluster VC_HIER_VIS you can control that no actions be displayed in the action menu.

Regards

Sagar